[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - UK - water powered cars

UK - water powered cars

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby pertyfly » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:42 am

I'm not sure why it added that img tag! I just clicked "submit" and I saw it appear and get posted. No idea! LoL
pertyfly
Regular Poster

Postby thrival » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:20 pm

Pertyfly: You should never "submit." :wink:
I say, plastic tank, vaporlyze the brine!
thrival
Regular Poster

Postby BEMET » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:14 pm

The chlorine gas is a good oxidizer and may give your hydroxy a boost but it is still dangeraous.
When the price of gasoline went over $2.00 per gallon I started looking at alternatives again.

Comprehend and copy nature, V. Schauberger
BEMET
Regular Poster

Postby thrival » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:32 pm

BEMET:

I think if we bubble the brine and dissociate
the vapor, it should have little if any salt/
chlorine content.
thrival
Regular Poster

Postby BEMET » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:52 pm

A water bubbler could be an excellent sink for absorbing chlorine gas and migrating salt even though the bubbler would need some salt to keep it from freezing as well. It will work for now until we can improve on it..
When the price of gasoline went over $2.00 per gallon I started looking at alternatives again.

Comprehend and copy nature, V. Schauberger
BEMET
Regular Poster

k

Postby kevinsatterfield » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:58 pm

As far as my unit freezing ,im gonna stick with insulation and come winter ,i'll let ya know how it does. :lol:
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby thrival » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:16 pm

BEMET:

What I meant was a vacuum bubbler like in
my projects folder. With enough added salt
(calcium chloride as used in Henley's manual)
the water shouldn't freeze. At the same time
the vapor should be mostly free of the salt
and dissociate in the vaporlyzer, which is
really just an electrolyzer running on water
"fumes."
thrival
Regular Poster

Postby pertyfly » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:28 pm

Kevin.....try this for me....

Take your unit...or any container really, and put it in the freezer.

The test could be like this, since it's difficult to control exact temperatures, this gives you a good idea. Take 2 containers exactly the same filled with exactly the same material. In your example, both distilled water, but one covered in insulation. Put it in the freezer, and check them ever _X_ amount of minutes. You can compare how the insulation works by how it looks compared to the normal water. For instance, it will definitely freeze later, but how much later? You will know in this way how much improved it will be. My guess is it will not fare that well. But I've not tried it.

Also, I am going to do this with a standard electrolyte solution of NaOH and water vs. water and see how much it lowers the freezing point (if at all).

Also, thrival, you may want to do that to test how much salt you may need in the solution.

I'll be trying this later on, when it's closer to the colder temps, as right now I am really busy working on my units and cars, etc :)
pertyfly
Regular Poster

Postby thrival » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:10 pm

Henley's Formulas for Home & Trade reports
on page 363: "A saturated solution of common salt
is one of the best things to use. It does not affect the
metal of the engine as many other salts would, and is
easily renewed. It will remain fluid down to zero
degrees F or a little below."

also...

"A solution of 20 parts calcium chloride in 80 parts of
water congeals only at 5 degrees F above zero."

A local feed mill sells an organic product for melting
ice from sidewalks, mostly corn-meal. Apparently
organics have an inner heat to them (probably nitrates).
That would seem like gunk in an electrolyzer, but not a
vaporlyzer.[/u]
thrival
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:09 pm

Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby thrival » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:47 pm

thrival
Regular Poster

Winter operation

Postby B0rriska » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:25 am