[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Fuel Cells

Fuel Cells

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Fuel Cells

Postby Loster » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:17 pm

Hey ..

I'm thinking of making a Fuel Cell to plug in on my Chemicalyzer . .

I could get some material for it, like Platinum, I think I could use the platinum in a car catalytic converter ..

But there is this PEM Membrane that pisses me off ..
It's like a big secret, nobody seem to explain correctly what it is . .

They talk about a Moistured plastic-like sheet the width of 7 paper sheet.. And that's the only information I found . .

The catalyst is explained, a carbon sheet with platinum coating on one side .. Anode and Cathode are any metals ..

Anybody with info ? ... Real info, no theory .
Loster has been banned from the OUPower.com forum effective 5/15/2007 11:45 EST

My apologies to any that he has offended.
-Chris (Site Admin)
Loster
Regular Poster

Postby BEMET » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:43 pm

knowledgepublications dot com has details on how to build a fuel cell in their free stuff. I think the title is "Building a fuel cell in your kitchen". My kitchen does not have a precision mill in it but they do explain where to get PEM and catylist material and how to handle / process them.
BEMET
When the price of gasoline went over $2.00 per gallon I started looking at alternatives again.

Comprehend and copy nature, V. Schauberger
BEMET
Regular Poster

k

Postby kevinsatterfield » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:22 pm

NAFION
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby Loster » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:20 am

Thanks for the Nafion !!!! .. I've found this site that explains in details how to make a fuel cell ..

Nafion sheets cost 100$ for a 12 x 12 inches sheet ..

Seems a bit complicated to build, care must be taken with these sheet . .

Take the info of this link before it's too late ..

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/env ... /35p42.txt
Loster has been banned from the OUPower.com forum effective 5/15/2007 11:45 EST

My apologies to any that he has offended.
-Chris (Site Admin)
Loster
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis