[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - It's been a long time...

It's been a long time...

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

It's been a long time...

Postby clflyguy » Thu May 20, 2010 11:24 pm

But it all has come together nicely. Back in 2006 when I posted last, I was headed in a different direction, with the idea of a concentric ring screen mesh open bath style cell... Well, lets just say that the purely physical aspects of trying to assemble that thing caused enough frustration to send me back to the drawing board. It's a good thing it did. I ended up building four 21 plate drycells using no neutrals to take advantage of the voltage splitting ability of connecting the units in series. I have an old (pre-Powerstroke) 1989 non-turbo'd, non-computerized indirectly injected 7.3 liter F350 diesel that is loving the HHO. I have not yet measured the gas output, but from a strictly visual standpoint, it does look impressive. From a seat of the pants standpoint a difference can honestly be felt. I was sniffing my exhaust this evening after I topped off the reservoirs :shock: :roll: and the diesel smell is barely discernible. I'm using a separate 150A alternator to power the system, it has controls for volt and amp output, but I think the nature of my units design is clamping the voltage at 2 volts per e-lyzer because I can crank it up to 130-140 amps and it will only take 8 volts. That's probably a good thing though because none of the units have ever even begun to get hot and gas production seems to be very good. I'm not familiar with this boards photo posting requirements, but I will try to attach some photos with this post.
Well, that didn't work.... OK, you can see a video here-
Hmm, so that's how that works.. I see.. So maybe if I- nope. SO, do you have to have your photos on another web site to be able to post them here?[/img]
clflyguy

Postby Jehu » Fri May 21, 2010 8:25 am

Beefy system you got there. Me likes. You should do a test to see the production rate for the power draw to check the efficency
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby clflyguy » Fri May 21, 2010 11:35 am

Yeah, I know.. I'm still dealing with leaky plumbing issues, very annoying. Also, I am still breaking in the plates. I'm doing this in use rather than bench top, and probably have only 20-25 hrs. on them so far. I recently went to Northern Tool and picked up a small sand blaster and some "Black Beauty" blast media. I think that when I pull this beast off the truck in a few weeks I'm going to disassable everything, right down to the bubblers and blast the plates then reassemble all the nylon to HDPE and nylon to PVC threaded pieces with a dab butyl caulk on the threads this time and not depend on thread integrity for perfect sealing.
Efficiency? Hah! You've got to be kidding, right? You read that I'm running a separate alternator for the system right? My efficiency will never approach that of a single alt vehicle's... I will eventualy find out how much gas I'm producing though, and when I do I promise to post the info.
"The race is not always to the swiftest, but to those that keep on running."
clflyguy

Postby mos68x » Sun May 30, 2010 2:29 pm

I'm impressed! Very nice setup you have there! It is similar to how I plan on doing mine...at as far as power supply. I'm planning on getting a second alternator, a very high-amp one, just for the entire hydrogen setup and nothing else. Since I have a third gen camaro I'll be using the trunk well for mine, I'll just seal off the trunk well and spare tire well for the hydrogen setup. I would love to see more videos of your setup and any test runs you decide to do. BTW I also subscribed to your youtube channel so hurry and post something new!! lol
mos68x
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis