[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - MOS68X's new sealed/dry cell

MOS68X's new sealed/dry cell

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby mos68x » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:45 pm

Since I have decided on using SBR bonded paper fiber gaskets I am now trying to find a consistently repeatable way to cut the gaskets out. I have an idea that will allow me to cut the entire gasket out all at the same time, just have to draw up my plans and send them to my vendor to see if they can produce the design for a reasonable cost. If not I'll be building it myself as soon as I get some more welding gas. The only problem that I'm running into now is that the Mac is obviously not compatible with Windows programs so I'm having trouble finding a suitable replacement for AutoCAD that I use for designing my parts. If I can't find new software then I'll be forced to keep the old computer around just so that I can use AutoCAD and send designs to my vendor.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby morehp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:28 pm

this says you can run autocad on a mac OS

http://usa.autodesk.com/products/mac-co ... e-products

I can't confirm it as I run windose .
morehp
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:58 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:13 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:43 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:35 pm

Well, here is another update on the ongoing process.

CAD - I finally gave up with MAC based CAD programs and got Parallels to run Windows XP on my Mac, which I then loaded AutoCAD 2007. It is amazing how little change there is in the feel of the program from the R14 version that I was using (1997ish) to the 2007 version. Many of the commands are still the same which is so much easier to learn, though there are things that I'm trying to learn about this one so that I can use it to the highest potential that I'll need to.

Cell - Picked up the plates that I ordered, 101 plates of my design. The only thing that I'm not happy about with them is some flex that I'll have to change in the design but I can work around it with some small changes while I assemble the cell. The plates are designed to accept female spade connectors easily without modifying them. I also received my order of parts from McMaster Carr, gasket material, spade connectors, heat shrink, and a few other things needed for my gasket cutter.

Car - Received my order from Summit Racing today for my jets and the new power valve, so now I have the "fun" of taking a day to tune the carburetor on the Camaro so that I can hopefully get better MPG as well as more power. This will be a good thing since I'll be closer to my end goal when I do get the cell on the car. I may design a new compression frame for the new cell and just use this current one in the car until I get the 101 plate cell finished.

PMA - I tried talking to the guys that made the PMA listed on ebay and they claim that they can't make them any lower voltage than 12V. Then asked them about their armature since they say that they make a special one, they do offer it alone, but I don't know if it will fit the alternator in my car. Which I'm thinking about just getting one of their rotors and finding a HIGH amp alternator and putting it in, or just getting one of theirs. The only thing is that I'll have to still drop the voltage down so that it doesn't overheat the cell anymore than it already will with the amount of power through it.

Overall - I feel closer even though sometimes it doesn't seem like it with as slow as project has gone. I still have many other things that I will still have to do to be able to get this car the way that I want it, but at least with this 101 plate cell I can get an idea how many more plates I'll need to get it where I want it. Plus, with needing to know how many more plates I can figure out how many total amps I'll need, which I can then finally start working on my step-down toroid transformer so that I have little to no loss in electricity.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:30 pm

Spade Connectors to the Plates?

They will Probably Corrode quickly, making bad connections.
If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:24 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:09 pm

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:37 pm

You can try to come up with any excuse you want to not follow what other people are doing or trying new stuff yourself, I really don't care. The point of what we are all trying to do is to either boost a car on hydrogen or move it completely to hydrogen, either way it doesn't matter. Unless you are trying to make a profit it from it there isn't a point harping about little shit until you want to make a profit from this stuff or you are wanting to negate anything good about it.

I'm not saying that this stuff is perfected by any means, but at least I'm trying to get the end-goal achieved first before I bother harping about the stupid little shit that you always want to point out.

Stainless steel oxides?? Stainless steel doesn't rust for those very reasons as well as the fact that stainless in general is a very poor electrical conductor. The reason that we use it is because of the fact that no other metals that are easier to get a hold of can handle the abuse that this process causes. The perfect material to use as an electrical conductor is copper, but oh wait a minute...copper has oxides on it's surface that reduces it's conductivity, but I don't here you whining about that!

Get to your end goal of either boosting an engine on hydrogen or completely fueling it off hydrogen FIRST, THEN work out all the small problems that cause inefficiencies. Right now that is my goal, first get the car boosted on the hydrogen and getting better than 13MPG and then I'll worry about the other small stuff. It all boils down to one thing...get your idea's proofed first.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Gary, I must admit I'm quite impressed! I was looking for a fogger design that I'd like and I was looking through Beshires1's project pages for "powering up". I noticed the picture he posted of your special built power supply using the flattened copper pipe. I had not thought of that but it's amperage capabilities are perfect for what I need in this project here. I was going to use a toroid transformer but haven't been able to because of the power requirements that I'm expecting.

How much heat did that transformer produce while in use under high current demands?

As for the post right above in reply to yours I reread your statement and I'm aware of the resistance because of the oxides, but the reason that I had to use stainless was because of the limited room between plates in my newest design so I had concerns about clearance. The tin-plated copper terminals that I've looked at were too bulky to fit between the plates, but if I can find better ones I will be buying them.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:47 am

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:19 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:00 pm

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:29 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis