[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - MOS68X's new sealed/dry cell

MOS68X's new sealed/dry cell

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby mos68x » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Solid State Relay, although the only ones that he would suggest are those from power-io since they are the ones that can go the highest for any PWM function to 15khz. I haven't tried to find out what their cost would be, but I'm sure that it isn't cheap.

Still interested in seeing how yours would do, but I really want something that can function up to 43khz.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:18 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Sun May 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Finally got all the gaskets I have cut to size and ready to use. I have also decided to change how I am going to apply the power to my cell too. I also bought a home filter housing that I will use as my bubbler since my metal one from the motorcycle build is way too constrictive. Normal PVC piping won't work with the center boss in the top to the housing, so I had to get a piece of schedule 80 PVC with the threaded ends so that I could use it for the center of the bubbler.

I still have to deburr these plates and bevel the tabs so that my spade connectors will go onto them. Then I'll do my media blasting to them as well since this will help in the conditioning as well as increase surface area and increase production. After I sand blast them I'll be taping off the areas I don't want covered and I'll apply some Weld-on #16 to avoid current leakage on the edges remaining.

I am also really unhappy with my current end plates design, so while I'll be using these end plates for the time being I'll also be designing my new plates with the ports built into them, and a couple other tricks up my sleeve. They will still be made of carbon steel though until I'm totally happy with the new design and it's flow and other aspects I'm considering. I'll still have to cover them somehow to avoid as much rust as possible so I'm thinking of either painting them again, or going with powder-coating them.

When I get to the testing part of this install I'll be using it on the workbench with my variac that I acquired from work. The only thing it can really power though is the PWM since it isn't powerful enough to power the cell itself. I can use it to do the initial conditioning so that I can see it's production as well as start to cleanse the plates, but that will be about it.

I'll also be adding neodymium magnets to the ends of my new design, I do still have to finish deciding on how I'll be applying the power to the cell. Once I have that final decision I'll be able to decide how many and where I'll be placing my magnets.

If this design makes me happy then I'll start making new power plates from a new metal. Then I'll also make new ported end plates out of stainless to avoid as much rust as possible, not from the electrolysis but from just being in contact with the water. I have many new design complications that I'm working through but I will have them worked out by the time I get to real world testing and application.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Tue May 04, 2010 10:16 pm

Well the hopefully last few things besides fittings got shipped, so I'm anxious to get this newest version of the project together and see what it will do. I still need to find a few more pieces if I'm going to be doing any MMW tests, but that will be a little later. Like I have no idea where to get the clear tubing everyone is using for the timed liter tests.

I "powered" my desk today, among many other things I've been trying to do in the garage the last few days cleaning up. I got my permanent 48" light on it, got two outlets mounted on it as well. Also did some repair to my sandblaster too since it has been damaged for a while. I broke my ceramic tip a while ago and haven't been able to find another since the local area has flooded pretty bad. Nashville is even worse so I didn't bother going there either, I just made a steel improvisation until I can get a new one. Haven't tested it since I'm trying to get my vacuum actually mounted on it as well to vacate the dust. Soon as I have that mounted I'll test it and start blasting the plates with my new 80 grit glass bead abrasive, and yes I cleaned all the alum oxide out of the blaster.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Wed May 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Hmmmm.....rather unexpected. As I started to sandblast the first plate I noticed that it was starting to distort. Not sure why but it is the sandblaster doing it but I'm thinking it's because of the stress the metal is under while forming it and is then released a little when the metal is "beat" with the glass beads. Kinda like shot peening.

Either way, I can't blast these plates anyways until I ca find out how to overcome that, other than going with thicker metal. I'll just assemble it and it'll take much longer to clean out the cell.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Wed May 12, 2010 10:41 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

Plates Falling Apart...

Postby SeaMonkey » Thu May 13, 2010 2:18 am

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Fri May 21, 2010 9:11 am

Ok, the cell is operating FINALLY after being inoperable for so long being a paperweight. Still many many things to be changed but for the time being they are on hold until more money comes in.

Here is the latest video for those that want to watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ki7ZlwACeY
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Sun May 30, 2010 2:58 pm

I bought new nylon fittings for the cell and the bubbler and did a small test run with it. With the bubbler as a reservoir it doesn't keep the lines as full as I would like when just setup with gravity as the fluid mover. I will probably have to go with what I was thinking I might have to do and get a PWM just for the pump alone so that I can dial down the speed so the system doesn't foam up like I showed in my last video. I really wanted to get this setup at least on the car and running before I had to go in for surgery on tuesday, but I don't think that will happen. Since I can't run the pump at full speed I was going to try to run it gravity fed on the car which is when I noticed that it doesn't like to run right yet. I will try another idea I have that involves changing where I was planning on putting the cell for the interim. If I can get the cell to mount where I'd like it to for gravity fed operation then I'll work on finding another container for a main reservoir, but most of that fight will be getting fittings to work good on the thin plastic. When I get back home I may work on a new video to see if any of you guys may have any ideas.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:03 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:50 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

waterjet cutting

Postby clflyguy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:51 pm

"The race is not always to the swiftest, but to those that keep on running."
clflyguy