Another Replication

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby adam666 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:49 am

Nice work bob , associates

I really like the design and happen to have all items handy so will be putting one of these together shortly.

What else does KOH get disguised as? I got some NaOH in the meantime but would prefer to be Al friendly :D

The stated 28% ideal solution is for KOH right? any recommendations for NaOH?

and how am I supposed to measure out xx% when Ive got dry NaOH? (granules?)

cheers
Adam
adam666
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:51 am

Tero ran into some troubles. He made a measurement error which reduced his efficiency numbers a bit, but still well over 100% efficiency. He also has run into a brick wall so to speak. His power source is current limited, so it is unable to supply the additional current to fully warm up or deliver the higher production efficiencies after warmup. I gave him some hints to temporarily get past that barrier.

I have updated my project pages with more pictures, and they give the results of a preliminary test run of the 70 cell welding gas Generator. While efficiency was not as impressive as the 7 cell booster, it was done with limits imposed for a reason. The power supply that I had available for this test was not rated for a full power test. I will be revamping the power supply to add a heat sink to the bridge rectifier so I won't risk destroying it. Still, even with the reduced power applied and the electrolyte cold, we still had a measured production of 6.7 LPM which Tero calculated to be about 150% of Faraday efficiency. Our measurement test was done under slight pressure due to backpressure on the unit from the flow guage, so free flow rate will be higher.

Bob
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis