[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Hello! =D

Hello! =D

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Hello! =D

Postby gas mark 5 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:00 pm

Like it says in the title, Hello :D

Im only 14, I dont know much about electrolysis yet, but i very eager to learn!

My first project is simply (simply?) convert my lawnmower to hydrogen, just as a sort of proof of concept, but having minor difficulties in producing large enough quantities...

First of all I just started with distilled water and copper wire for electrodes, with very limited sucess...

Then I moved on the stainless steel in salt water, which produced tons moe hydrogen, but the stainless steel would go all brown after a while and stop working until i cleaned it.

Then after a bit more reasearch (well, I'm not sure about the more research... :oops: ) I read that pottasium hydroxide or sodium hydroxide were the best ...electrolytes?

I tried making some by filtering boiling water through wood ash, which seemed to work and it was even better production than the salt water, but still after about 30mins they have turned completly brown, and won't do anything until i clean them up.

If buying proper sheets of stainless steel and purer electrolyte would do the trick am am very willing, but if possible i would like somthing that can be recycled/made at home etc.

Also If anyone has any knowlage about angles of attack etc for small wind turbine I was intending to build to generate electricity for the electrolysis then than would be gratefully recieved....

Thanks in advance everyone :)

George
Monosodium Glutamate!!!
gas mark 5

Postby AlaskaStar » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:33 pm

You have a long road ahead of you, but it's good that you start now.

I would use a PMA type alternator, or a DC BRUSHLESS motor, and let the FIELD TENSION be the regulator for your electrolysis.

If you use a Field Tension Regulated PMA, the voltage will only rise enough to match the internal voltage resistance of the cell or battery- after which it is all converted to amperage.

So if the voltage requirement is small, the PMA will regulate at that voltage, and convert the rest to amperage. You may end up with a 1.4 volt supply at 140 amps. OR you may have a voltage of 96 volts and 4 amps. This is entirely determined by the electrical characteristics of the cell you designed. It self regulates in the magnetic tension of the field.

Don't get discouraged, especially when money runs out. It just makes you think of different resources you might not have considered in the past.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby saisunee » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:59 pm

Hi George,

Sounds like you have been on quite a learning curve, making your own KOH too, well done.

Here’s what I suggest you do to get hold of some recycled stainless steel.
First do some home work and find out who the local engineering firms are, ideally ones that do fabrication / sheet metal work. You will need to visit them, explain what you are doing and ask if they have any off cuts. If they are using stainless steal the scrap bin will not be in public view, the scrap rate for SS is currently £1500 / ton. Our travelling recyclers love to help themselves.
If you don’t ask you won’t get……………just be polite and if they say no, ask them who might be able to help, you’ll be surprised.

BTW take a magnet…………

Good luck,
Br
Nee.
saisunee
Regular Poster

Postby gas mark 5 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:47 pm

ahhhh!!! :shock:

Complicated looking words :oops:

PMA = Permanant Magnet Alternater? If so I think I can get hold of one of them....

As for field tension regulator...?

Is that somthing physical I need to get? or a way of wiring up cells or somthing... :oops:

Scrap stainless steel shouldn't be too much of a problem, I can think of several possibilities near me, does it matter what type? or just somthing stainless for now?

Also would I get better results if I just brought some shop pottasium hydroxide or whatever or is the stuff Im getting good enough?

Sick of questions yet?
:roll:
Thanks

George
Monosodium Glutamate!!!
gas mark 5

Postby Jehu » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:55 pm

The only stupid question is the one not asked. So ask away. You won't learn if you don't ask.

And welcome to our forums.

Field Tension Regulator. I belive that what AS is refering to is that depending on how much Amperage your cell pulls, the PMA (permanant magnet alternator) will automatically adjust its output to match. This does it passivly as it all depends of the field strength of the magnets and the back EMF inside the alternator.

A good idea is to go and do a short electrical/electronics course. This will teach you alot about electricity and give you alot of useful formulas to use.

And good luck on your endevours.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:40 am

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:48 am

Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:54 pm

Hey George

- Welcome to the forum - i whould start my responce by saying that SALTWATER in an electrolyser WILL produce CLORINE GAS (toxic). (The ions of sodium chloride: Na+, Cl-) You will finde some "positive effects" as the conductivity increases, but pure salt (NaCl) is not something i whould recomend that you use so be carefull whit that.

- Then there is your level of knowledge when it comes to electrchemestry, electrisety and energy. In general age has little to do whit "understanding", you may get this very early and you may be very intelectual, who knows :D .

- I have study this my self for aprox 1,5 year and knew almoste nothing in the begining so dont worry to much, just ask and take things sloly.
What i have discover is something that is somewhat outside of this forum - one might say. Firts of all, i started to read about Stanley Meyer - he is the number one guy for moste of us or have been in the beginning so to read he´s work is not uncomming (just so you know). Second - moste people use electrolyser to udnerstand and develop there systems and that is ONLY one way. I do not whant to make things complicated for you, what i want is to present a "method" i´m into this days - IT may be a positiv thing or it may make things difficult - i guess it depends on how you see things and what you whant.

- So lets present the two methodes i know of (Alaskastar uses several methodes) but i will present - in short words - my two methodes:

One:
The electrolyser - very common - This uses Hot Current/normal electrisety, water and an electrolyte like KOH or NaOh.

Second:
The "voltrolyser" (just a nickname) This metod is based upon the electrolyser BUT, we dont use ANY electrolyt here, only water. We dont use CURRENT, only Voltage Potential (to clarify - no ampere). As i mentioned it IS based upon the electrolyser in it´s design - that is it´s common fiture here. This method is called for simplisety "Voltage Breakdown Capacitor" - this is what S.Meyer preffered to call it.
In short - to splitt the water molecule we use voltage to do the work. You can use hot electrisety to do this, but i´v discovered a new electrisety called COLD ELECTRISETY / RADIANT ENERGY / NEGATIVE ELECTRISETY.

I am so fare almoste the only one in this forum that are looking into this new electrisety and my knowledge is limited, but i like what i see so fare. NO ONE is an expert in this field, some knows more then others that is all.
But you are more then welcome to ask us anything nad the person how feels or knows the moste about your guesstion will answer it - well, we can hope for it right... :lol:

Be careful - never test anything you dont feel comfortably whit - read something 10 times extra ... read over and over again until you "get it" and look into other projects and documents before you by anything - you will save tons of money on this.

So, if you whant to read some about RADIANT ENERGY you can look into these to links here:

For further reading, do a search for: Nicola Tesla - John C Bedini - Peter Lindemann - Tom Bearden - Stanley Meyer - Bob Boyce.

You can allsow read these posts - (here on oupower)

This will get you started George!

So good luck to you and your research!!! 8)
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:44 pm

Aloha,
Anyone here got kids? This "young" fellow has an interesting vocabulary, especially for a Brit. Not buying it.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:51 pm

He may live in the UK, but doesn't mean he is originally from the UK.

People move all over the place. His folks could have dragged him there from another country.

Not everyone can type well, or cares much about proper spelling/ grammar or punctuation when typing.

Let's not get too jumpy on this guy.

I had a vocabulary well beyond my age at 11, and knowledge well beyond my 'formal schooling' by the time I was 12.

Give him a chance.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:06 pm

Aloha,
Alaskastar, I got kids, they don't build sentences this way, I caught that right off. I considered the UK could be a move, his vocab still does not compensate. And his spelling is no worse than most posters. But his is phoney-balony.
Anyway, how many kids were really like you, give me a break?
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:21 pm

There was only 1 other like me in school. I don't remember her name, but we rivaled all the time. It was like a perpetual battle.

You are correct that the sentence structure isn't like anything normal.

Even the under-educated have better sentence structure, but even though red lights go off for me as well, I still state to give him a chance, but that's my opinion.

The timing is a bit odd, considering the recent attacks here on the forum. Only the ADMIN and this IP logging will be able to discern whether it is a ruse from those members or the real deal.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

U.K. and Europe

Postby SeaMonkey » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:37 pm

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby Nick » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:26 pm

"Winners Never Quit || Quitters Never Win"
Nick
Regular Poster