[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - new member

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby saisunee » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:58 am

Wow what a post, thank you Hydrogenworld.

Can I play devils advocate? I am still not quite with you on this.

Shear voltage potential without adding any electrons to your electrode, ok. Your electrodes have a charge balance so no flow from one to another. The voltage pulls the water apart increasing the ionisation rate of it. The H+ ions go to the neg electrode, you have not put any electrons there with your high voltage, but being a conductive metal it is full of electrons. The H+ ion will remove an electron. Also the pos electrode will attract the OH- ion and receive the electron from it. So for this “pulse onâ€
saisunee
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:25 pm

saisunee

Hmm ... i´ll have to say, i dont know!
The closest anwser i have is that the H+ iones gets saturated whit energy and that is the reason why they won´t form H2 clusters.

I have no formel education in electrochemestry!

(and it could be a trick question?...he)
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby saisunee » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:38 pm

Honest, no tricks.

Here’s an experiment I did today, just to try and prove a theory.

From what I remember Nafion is a telfon based plastic, I wrapped a steel bolt with PTFE tape, (plumbers white tape). I used this as my cathode, my anode was SS. I used DC 12V supply. Experiment was tried with both tap water and with electrolyte to raise the ionic balance (easier to see reaction)
Result:
Electrolysis was performed but very slowly. The hydrogen gas produced grew into bubbles of about 2 to 3mm before releasing.
Here’s the interesting bit…………the voltage from the electrolyte to ground was 0v. When the anode was removed the gas production from the cathode continued at a slower rate, the voltage in the electrolyte went up to 0.7v. when the anode was replaced a burst of oxygen was released and the voltage dropped back to 0v
Conclusion:
The PTFE tape was acting as a proton exchange membrane. The supply voltage 12v dc was pulling the available H+ ions through the membrane to gain an electron. The process continued without the anode until the attraction on the cathode was equalled by the increase in OH- ions in the electrolyte. When the anode was replaced the circuit was completed and the OH- ions earth themselves through it and regained the ionic neutral balance.

Easy to replicate………….

Br
Nee
saisunee
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:37 pm

Interesting. Meyer used Delrine (a teflon material) as a voltage inhibiter.
You should look into this post i made some time ago where we discused the voltage inhibiter. Chemelec contributed there whit some good answers!

http://oupower.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2278

I´m not totaly sure yet if this knowledge about delrin helps us when we introduce cold electrisety. I belive we are in general talking about two different methodes, well we are but...
I just need to study it further, that´s all. Cold electrisity is - as i mentioned - a new subject.
I´m allsow looking into the circuits of the Keppe motor, it´s similar to Bedini.

Delrin + Cold Electrisety = true for the Meyer WFC??? .. interesting question - it looks like it!
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis