[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - TWO steps out of the electrolysis box.....

TWO steps out of the electrolysis box.....

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby biggeorge » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:59 pm

biggeorge
Regular Poster

Postby hydroxrox » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:16 pm

Hydrox Rox Sox
hydroxrox
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:46 pm

Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:28 am

"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:35 am

Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:51 am

This is kinda what I had in mind as a basic principle

so that the current powering the load will cause a drawing effect from the cell. As I said, in principle. This probably would never work if you used this a a schematic. It's just the general idea.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:40 am

I once made an electrolyser that functioned primarily on the differential potential.

It worked like this:

4 plates total. 2 plates were connected to the DC power source, positive and negative. The other 2 plates were connected to the load. The current had to go THROUGH the water to complete the circuit. The larger the load, the more hydrogen was produced.

Then I removed one plate. I put it into a pickup truck, only because the loading and charging components were already in place. The new 3 plate and terminal setup was great. The 2 outer plates were connected as such: left plate: battery Positive. Right Plate, truck electrical.

CENTER PLATE connection was to the alternator. All 3 plates were POSITIVE CONNECTIONS. There was NO NEGATIVE CONNECTION. what occurred was as such: Power was required to start the engine. The high current draw went through the cell to supply the starter motor. The engine starts and the current from the alternator now heads to the electrical system and the battery at the same time. The battery, once fully charged will stop accepting a charge and the vehicle electrical system is not powered fully on the alternator making the alternator the positive connection and the truck electrical the negative connection respectively.

Differential Potential. The plates were made from ALUMINUM, the water was mixed with METHANOL and SOAP (to prevent freeze-up, and break the surface tension) which was the electrolyte.

Now are there any other ways to carry this out?

Think abstract here. You can introduce energy to the cell in more ways than one....

I am trying to prod people into thinking here, experimenting and such. I have some nifty answers and good solutions here, as well as various methods of carrying out the aforementioned tasks in this thread. I want more than just me to figure this out. Look at it differently. That is all I ask.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:51 am

I just have to ask. Did you get my email, the response to step1?
And i just "stumled" on some new information towards the voltage breakdown cell, a new article will be added in the David Wenbert.... post later today.
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:18 am

so that system woould have looked something like this?

You'll have to excuse me if I can't grasp what you're teaching us atm because I'm blocked up atm and coughing like mad due to a bout of bronchitis.

Otherwise what do you think of my idea in the image before? Do I have the right idea in regards to the principals involved or do I have a bit to go?
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:42 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:34 pm

Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:25 pm

That....Is for you to try.

Think WAY outside the box. The box is only a reference point here, similar to a compass.

Think as abstract and unconventional as possible to get the job done.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:32 am

Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:12 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby williamssteve » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:25 pm

it would be interesting running a regenerative braking system to charge a separate battery ( that then drives the electrolyser ) that way you could recover lost energy. Sure its not free energy, but its a start
williamssteve
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis