[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Wiring Tests In Here

Wiring Tests In Here

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby Hybrid » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:35 am

Hydrogenworld I've posted way back about switching polarity by
using a timer. Watching that vid in slow mode, it seems to have a
big burst of output over 1.5 secs each time it is turned on & then settles
to a constant flow. The pos electrode is the only decaying one.
A friend told me he can make a Lyser switch poles so the electrodes
last longer equaly. I know conditioning works, but when I mentioned
pwm to him, he said he can cause a wide pulse during switching poles.
The power will still be on via caps between switching poles he said.
I just vision that s/s cable bursting gas every 1.5 secs by switching it.
Just a thought. As you know, I like the idea of s/s cable.
Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:52 am

Hybrid
s/s cabel, do you mean the wire he use? .. yea, i like it to - more surface area! great idéa. But now it makes sense - the initial burst when he starts the cell, that one i can see... :D ... simply on and of!
I found a video on you tube where they did such a thing and the best part whit that was that the charge remains in the cell for some time - meaning that the cell is selfruning during the off mode. (For s ashort time)
Will look it up and post a link.
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:31 am

Brain food....
Now here´s a configuration i have had in minde for i while. Imagen a series insulated cell [- + -].
The Katod (-) is made up by a thin foil/film on a Teflon piece (tube/plate) and the Anod (+) is a mesh type electrode.

[ I- + -I- + -I- + -I- + -I- + -I]

The foil/film whould offcorse need to be calculated to whitstand the charge.
Is this a dead idéa, or can it lead us somewhere?

I will even trow in a picture so no one misunderstands me!
http://a2.vox.com/6a00fa968f29f2000300fad6b0ce0a0005-pi
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:56 am

The mesh will shed more in this case I think. Make the mesh neg ;]
The closest surfaces will shed more, but all the mesh will shed.
It will get bagged for efficiency for surface area being uneven.
Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:43 am

Hydrogenworld here's a Cell I give the name "FLOODED CELL"
This is to be pollarity switched via a set timer I mentioned.
A 1 gallon per min elec pump can draw water & gas out the top &
into the base of a bubbler, while a gravety fed line flows water
back into the Lyser. So in this case, it is a constantly Flooded Cell.
The magnet stack I've drawn in this, is push - pull = push etc etc.
I brought 20 of these. 1 1/4 outside x 3/8 inside x 3/16 thick.
The spacers are 2mm thick, which suits the cable spacing.
The centre threaded bar is brass. The magnetic gauss is massive !
I don't know if the magnets will create a spiral repel in the water
while current is applied through the S/S cable. Maybe a benefit.
The pole are N/S vertical. It would be easier to leave them out, but
I thought I'd draw them in to see what other people have to say.
The diagonal clearance pos to neg etc is 1/8" Room for gas to rise.
Hydrogenworld 90+% of these cables have 4 sides facing eachother.
This cell is not the easiest to build. Anybody who wants to tackle one
of these, be my guest. Nobody will make millions on HHO anyway.
Comments welcome. Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:08 pm

Hybrid
Now we are talking WFC :D . nice idéa.
But i whould like to discust more on what the magnets do for us. Magnets in the cell is new to me so.
I whant to understand this - Hybrid - tell me what you know.

/Patrik
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:32 pm

Hydrogenworld it's fingers crossed that they might charge the water
or cause some resonance or create a slight whirlpool sturing effect.
If I had some pot hydroxide, I'd test them for any mag field effects.
They might do Nuthin'. Try anything once. Females only tho ;]
Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:31 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:07 pm

Okey, i think i understand. Have you consider to look at the steering columb on a car that has the remote (comunication between the radio/cd player) built in? these solutions whant be as vulnerable... just thinking out loud here! But then there is the question on HV (high voltage right?) hmm...
Well, just a thought ... donu how much it´s worth .. 8) Let me know.

Secondly, why not use a capacitor on each tube/cell and controling the pulsing via an electrical/digital timer??? ... thinking out loud again,
i do that a lot... lol

Take care!
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:59 am

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:02 am

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:19 am

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis