[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - PopularMechanics "kills" the HHO hype!

PopularMechanics "kills" the HHO hype!

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby Hydrogenworld » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:55 pm

... or, what about letting "charged water" pas true this waporisation state and then it gets seperated by high voltage - final state is hydroxid... what about that???
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:58 pm

yes. when i said flash-steam, i mean small water droplets (the same size as gasoline droplets when sprayed in from a fuel injector)

if you had a nozzle with a narrow opening, and an "X" of tungsten or other strong wire, heated extremely hot(thermoloysis temperatures), and a fuel injector spraying water mist through said hole with heated wire, i'm guessing about 75% of those water droplets would go through the hole without contacting the wire. the 20-25% of water that contacts the heated wire would be expanded by principle of thermolysis into its components H2 and O....

the H2 and O would obviously burn, and in doing so, would turn the water droplets into flash-steam. flash-steam expands hundreds of percent 1200% if i am to remember correctly. so that would assist in driving piston downwards.
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:09 pm

Is this a new thought or are you reffering to some device?

I must divide my thoughts on this one, becose what you are talking about is a system that i am exploring (in my head...lol).
I think that the research should revolve around these types of solutions.
I am not finished whit the new patent, but this is somthing i am eager to explore.
Time for a new post resident_genius?
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:23 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:39 pm

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:40 pm

Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:31 am

interesting. i had an idea of "charging water with Hydrogen" because there was a rumor that some of the xtra hydrogen molecules were to be absorbed by the water, "supercharging" its energy content and the resulting could be ingested for "miraculous health effects" yada yada. i had heard of the concept somewhere.

honestly, sounds like hocus pocus to me, but i am not sure how readily a H20 molecule would absorb a molecule of H2 because i am not a chemist. im working off of a HS education and a small amount of college the air force has provided me.

your theory of charged water seems interesting. apparently there is some merit to this "charged water state", as in H20 and diluted H202 concentrations absorbing some amount of H2 or HHO to combine into some form of strange atom. so you're saying, that once said water is charged with hydrogen and or oxygen, it has some unique properties, increasing the combustion rate apparently is one.

if i were to vaporize this charged water, i would use ultrasonics to do so, and let the intake air draw the resulting vapor in. you'd need a good vaporizer, a nine-head or so to create a decent amount of water vapor. or use a type of water vaporizer like the one shown below.

*i'm going off on a tangent here*
i dont know anymore. i still think there is a hell of an avenue out there for fuel vaporization. i've thought up a few techniques myself, bridged a few methods, and plain old just thought about stuff. heres a few pics since i feel the need to share.

the above is alaskastar's idea. stacks of spill-absorbent material being utilized in an oil-lantern-style wick type assembly.

the above is a fuel vaorizer based on two of gasolines properties of vaporization- negative pressure and heat. its self explanatory.

this fuel vaporization technique is based upon engine vacumm and temperature, as hot engine coolant is circulated in the vessel to help the fuel vaporize more readily. the slots are cut in the same style as bob boyce's fill tube, so that the flow is more evenly distributed among the pipe and not centralized.

and the last idea is actually for electrolysers, a way to vent HHO through a bubbler, scrub most of the KOH out of the gasses, (a second bubbler right before the intake is obviously necessary) maintain at full at all times. I've gotta say that this general theory isnt mine, similar/same operation can be found in scarecrow labs 'lysers.

in operation, bubbling is slightly erratic although the cell finds a "sweet spot" sometimes and works smoothly. i found that pushing ten less ampheres and using half the electrode surface area, i could produce the same amount of gas @ the same input voltage with my current cell orientation, simply -+- in one small container. dont ask me how.

plans to build another identical and make a semi-series design using my power supply and keeping voltage @ 4DCV. maybe 5 if i'm having trouble pushing amps.

well, thats all my ideas. some mine, some not. i've got "mad skillz" in paint as you can see (lol) but the basic operation of all is clear and obvious and simple.

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:33 am

resident_genius Jaguar made a fuel chiller for their race cars many
moons ago. A friend has 3 of them in his shed. The unit is say 8" lg
all up. It consists of the fuel line though the middle, surounded by a
cylinder & a spiral pipe inside that. The air con refridgerant passes
through that spiral tube, chilling the centre fuel line. For Performance.
It could have engine hot water plumbed through it to heat the fuel !!
Perfect for AlaskaStar's weather he has up north. I don't know if HHO
passed though the centre fuel line, just before the intake, would make
the HHO a better combustable gas. I'll pass by his house one day soon
& take a pic of one & post it here, if you are interested in seeing one ?
Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:35 pm

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:38 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:52 pm

Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:21 pm

chilling the fuel helps lower cylinder intake temps upon injection of the fuel, just like spraying water, its cooler because work was performed, causing a delta T or temperature differenttial.... three main things effect detonation threshhold: intake air temp, fuel combustibility factor (heat/octane), and compression. as you can see, they all have to do with temperature. injecting colder fuel lowers the temperature of the air as fuel is injected, thereby bringing in more air, with more oxygen, as well as pushing back the detonation threshhold. this allows for either fuels with a lower octane (yeah right) to be used, or more advanced spark timing, resulting in more power.

the same principal applies to water injection. water injection boosts engine power as well as fuel mileage. MPG gains aside, the reason that it is a power adder is because when atomized/vaporized, it lowers intake air temps substantially- resulting in more power.

somewhere in the 2000's, ford's lightning pickup truck- a supercharged pavement pounding street machine, came with an option for an air conditioner powered "super cooler". along with a standard radiator-looking, air-to-air intercooler, there was another type of intercooler, best described as a chamber that was first cooled by the vehicles a/c system diverted into said chamber, then through diverter flaps and whatnot, a "ready light" came on, and driver could hit the throttle resulting in a 35 HP boost (if 35 was the right number, its been a while but i seem to remember thats being the number). obviously after every full throttle run, the whole apparatus us heat soaked and needs a minute to cool back down. i beleive the max HP rating for the non-supercooled model was about 35HP less than the supercooled and supercharged model.

fascinating, isnt it? just lowering intake temps did all that.

i had an idea, drew up my entire design, and was shot down by the racing community because parasitic draw of a/c compressor wouldve been more gained by the temp differential. when i found out about that lightning, boy was i pissed!

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:28 pm

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:35 pm

FlashBang I mentioned what Jag used it for..Chilling, But read above
again & you'll see I explained to run HOT water through it.

resident_genius 5yrs ago (off subject here tho) I help build an air con
chilled water to air intercoller system for a drag rx3 rotary.
4 engine oil coolers, with refridgerant runing through them, submerged
in a water resevoir, to super chill the water, before going through the
water to air intercooler. Me being a sheet metal tradesman, I got called
into this experiment. Well all done & off to the drags for the 1st blast.
Something is wrong he says. Why I asked. The temp is still high. Hmm.
We go to pull the hoses off & :shock: it's f/n frozen solid LOL. So we
borrowed glycol from another race team to see if we can fix this bitch.
Believe it or not, we had to run 90% glycol & 10% water to stop it from
freezing solid. It ran MINUS 6 degrees air at the inlet manifold with this.
But for street you wouldn't want less than 20 deg C to be consistant.
I can make a WOT cutout for the A/C for street use. It would last a mile
before reaching over atmos temp. I say impossable is a bit hard to do &
miracels take just a bit more time ;]
Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:50 pm

very interesting!

besides, dont all A/C compressors have a WOT cutoff? that way you can still floor it to pass someone when the A/C is on full blast.

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis