[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - what vessel are you putting your 'lyser in?

what vessel are you putting your 'lyser in?

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

what vessel are you putting your 'lyser in?

Postby resident_genius » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:32 am

this is more for the brute force 'lysers out there, but i think it would be good for a picture post and explanation of what vessel you're using, where you got it, or if you biult one, where you bought your parts from and how it was assembled.

i for one, am having a little bit of a hard time finding the right container for my cell stack..... i've played with probably fifteen different cell orientations and whatnot, but i've had a little trouble finding a tough, reliable container. just as i thought i found one <see below> the lid cracked and it leaked easily.

my box, purchased at lowes in the electrical conduit section:
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:38 pm

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby fixaze » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:17 am

If it is cracking at the hold down screws on the corners...use sections of angle iron between the corners to distribute the load?

You could also weld up a square angle iron frame that would hold on all 4 sides?
I want better mpg....
fixaze
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:06 pm

yes, i've since taken that version apart and have been experimenting with different cell orientations, i tried a smacks type design with only four plates and got a better reaction than when i had tried it with 8 plates. i've since not experimented with any more H202 + KOH electrolyte, however i have in fact been playing with the idea of adding ultrasonic foggers to the bottom of the electrolyser to both atomize the water and to knock the HHO bubbles from the plates.
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis