[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - A complete explanation of why boosters increase MPG

A complete explanation of why boosters increase MPG

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby Dan Dan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:00 pm

Wake up America.
Dan Dan
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:54 pm

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:13 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:44 pm

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

The Boyce system

Postby SeaMonkey » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:22 pm

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:48 am

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:28 pm

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Re: The Boyce system

Postby waterbard » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:33 pm

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:46 pm

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Spoon Feeding 101

Postby SeaMonkey » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:01 pm

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:46 am

Aloha,
I don't know. I originally would have agreed that the Boyce system seems to complex.
But if you want results, maybe it's not a bad alternative. It can be built in steps. Done this way, it's probably not as hard as it seems.
I have been building and researching for over three years. I think now I probably would have saved a lot of time and money just building a variation of Bob's system to begin with.
The only thing I don't fully understand is why he builds his WFC the way he does. His plates are 6"x6" (36 sq. in.) but only the lower 3" can be used. Thats 18 sq. in. of used plate surface. If the plate was 3" wide and 12" tall (36 sq. in.), then 27 sq. in of surface could be used, leaving the needed 3" at the top for the heavy bubbling.
Also, I don't know if anyone has successfully used Bob's electronics with other WFC configurations.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby van » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:26 am

Kia ora

New here and if my comments are out of place my apologies.

Dan is talking about boosters increasing mpg and somehow it has become making an ICE running on hydrogen full time.
I have read a lot of posts here and studied many pics of peoples projects. I have great admiration for those who have done the hard yards, yet feel that some have not properly read/interpreted what has been posted.

Bob's design by his own admission is for hydrogen gas welder, correct?
Many have noted that the ICE is unsuitable for hydrogen combustion, correct?
Using resonance will drastically increase hydrogen production yet maintaining the right resonance is tricky, correct?

If all the questions are correct then from my perspective running a car fulltime on hydrogen is not a feasible exercise.
I am not familiar enough with Bob's outboard experience, ie 2-4 stroke, to qualify this, but perhaps someone (Bob?) can.

To use a booster makes a lot of sense, particularly if you have an older engine with less electronic gizmos to negate the input of hydroxy. If the construction of boosters can be kept simple, more and more people will build them and hopefully learn something along the way. The more complex things become the more people lack the incentive to have a go.

My 2p worth
Bill

Kiwi ingenuity, number 8 wire and can-do attitude
van
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:20 am

Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby Dan Dan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:37 pm

Wake up America.
Dan Dan
Regular Poster

Postby van » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:37 pm

Kia ora
Kumaran

Thank you for the information. I have followed your exploits in the various posts and examined your projects and have been impressed. Your heating of petrol via the exhaust pipe on your motorbike did cause some concern however :lol:

Dan

From what I've read unless modified, the ICE will self destruct on 100% hydrogen(hydroxy?) ie The valves won't cope for starters and I also understand that hydrogen and alluminium are not compatible. Someone with more knowledge may disabuse me of that however. I am not suggesting it is impossible but much more work has to be done I think.

If it is hard to get the right resonance, and if it has to constantly be monitored and adjusted, your average driver will likely not be interested due to the hassle. Design a self-regulating/monitoring device will however take care of that.

Like you I believe in the KISS principle. A friend and neighbour has a 3.5 ton mobile home with 3 cells in series plus a fuel heater. The cells are simple coiled wire (mig welding) and the containers are garden spray bottles :lol: suitably modified with the electrolyte using baking soda. Hardly what would be classified as Hi-Tech BUT has increased his fuel consumption from 6k per litre to 8k.

I venture that once having achieved gains like that, one might be tempted to look deeper into more complex systems. ie If you know how to walk, running becomes easier! Making and learning along the way is progress. When people buy, particularly if gullible and sucked in via wild advertising claims, it often ends in failure and another naysayer on the block.
Bill

Kiwi ingenuity, number 8 wire and can-do attitude
van
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis