[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - High Temperature Electrolosis

High Temperature Electrolosis

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

High Temperature Electrolosis

Postby FlashBang » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:53 pm

Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:32 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

High Temperature Electrolysis

Postby SeaMonkey » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:28 pm

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby williamssteve » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:20 pm

Hi

I have seen a patent around the idea of injecting water into a 1/4or 3/8 inch diameter coiled tube ( 12 coils ) sitting in the engine exhaust gas flow, and the coiled tube feeds into a 2 inch diamter expansion tube, which cracks the super heated steam into H & O. The whole apparatus is encased within say a 4 inch diameter pipe, through which the exhaust gas flows.

The H & O are then fed directly into a carby or inlet manifold. The temperature required is over 900 C which conventiently is about normal engine exhaust gas temperature.

I'm going to ry it on my old lawnmower at home as I figure exhaust is exhaust, and it shoudl work. I have also seen scientific journals describing water dissociation ( note the spelling - its not "disassociation" )
in splitting water at high temps.

Hey, the answer might have been sitting in front of us allt he time.....
williamssteve
Regular Poster

Postby Cryptonic26 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:25 pm

Steam is a poor conductor of electricity, You would most likely need a high pressure boiler, that can contain the steam as liquid water at these high steam pressures. (GoogleWord: "superheating")

Catalytic converters run hot, at around 600-700 degrees if I remember correctly.. it may be significantly lower in a hydroxy boosted car, given the better fuel efficiencies. Could that possibly be something to consider as a heat source, that you had previously overlooked? It should tap into the wasted hydrocarbons that would have previously been wasted.

Idunno, it sounds like a great idea to me, Just throwing some stuff on the table for consideration. :)
Cryptonic26
Regular Poster

Postby hydroxrox » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:57 pm

Hydrox Rox Sox
hydroxrox
Regular Poster

Postby stickittoopec » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:03 am

Just a note, at 600 to 700 Deg F you are talking about a lot of pressure. A steam temperature of 679.55 Deg F is 2,700.0 psia. Here's a link for more information.
The size and thickness of the materials to contain this kind of pressure are huge. You are talking about schedule 120 pipe. Very thick and very heavy. All joints will have to be welded by a certified pipe fitter who has been certified for steam pipe.
And if there was a leak, you might be able to hear it (it's in the ultra sonic range)but you won't be able to see it, and it can cut and cauterize body parts. This stuff is more dangerous than working with HHO without a bubbler.
stickittoopec

Postby FlashBang » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:02 am

FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:04 am

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:46 am

FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:57 am

FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:40 pm

I came accross this youtube video of steam driven electrolysis.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqOnNDTR ... re=related
I thought other members in here might want to see & discuss it.
The permeal barrier Tom uses to stop the steam escaping I queery tho.
Maybe 3 spaced layers of perforated s/s above the plates/electrodes,
with larger holes in the lower one & smaller holes in the 2 layers above,
might capture the rising vapour. The condensation can then drip down &
be drained away to cycle back to the manifold. A s/s wool mesh layer
above the perforated s/s layers might be able to screen the last of the
steam ? 5 litres of steam & hho mixture per minute maybe ? If Tom lit
the hho leaving his cell, to prove it ignites, I might believe the results.
I've pondered on the thought of steam passing through fine filtering s/s
mesh. But seperating the rising steam from the hho, is a puzzle to me.
Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:49 am

Hybrid:

Thanks for posting that video, it certainly sounds nice. However, I too question a couple of points..

1. Volume - REASON - He claims 5L/Min but he does not show a prototype nor burning gas.
2. Claim that he is even producing anything other than steam. - REASON - No prototype shown, no burning gas, only theory and drawings.
3. Claim of results on 13.5V with "nominal bias charge" from STEAM (I presume he means low Amperage) - REASON - It has been stated several times in this forum alone that STEAM is a very poor conductor of electricity. This is because, WATER is non-conductive and as water vapor, it probably is not carrying around its own electrolyte for just such an occasion.
4. Claim of a Semi-Permiable Membrane that will allow Hydroxy Gas through and prevent moderate pressure and temperature STEAM (Water Vapor) through.... -REASON- Water is much smaller than almost all other molecules. For example, it has a smaller volume, and is much lighter, than the four other common atmospheric molecules, oxygen (O2), nitrogen (N2), argon (Ar) and carbon dioxide (CO2). Right away, this seems fishy that he claims Hydroxy when his membrane would have to be sized TOO SMALL to let the O2 through, so at best he would only be getting HYDROGEN. But now lets examine the Hydrogen for a second. We have members who are losing Hydrogen out of thier systems with only 6 inches to go to the butterfly valve... it appears that his electrolyzer is open on both ends... and the Hydrogen is given free roam of the system.

ALL of that being said... I think that this guy is trying something of value. He is trying to raise the energy levels of the water (i.e. weaken the covalent bonds by raising the temp and expanding the molecules and with the heat, also exciting the electrons potentially to higher orbits and thus making it easier to steal them away or rather make it easier to pull the entire molecule apart by lowering its specific density). Kind of like taking it half way to Thermolysis then Brute Force(ing) it over the hump. The design is pretty simple, perhaps too simple to be realistic. I think that IF he has something workable.... then he has left out a LOT of the detail which would be needed with this type of design to make it feasible.

Well anyway, that my thoughts on the subject.

FlashBang!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:12 am

I wonder how he's getting electricity to flow thru his cell?
Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:00 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis