[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Hydroxy Storage

Hydroxy Storage

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Hydroxy Storage

Postby jaws810 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:17 pm

jaws810

Postby Pinhead » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:07 pm

I'd be really worried about compressing hydroxy gas, as they'll be in the [i]perfectly[i/] stoichiometric mixture; at that kind of pressure, you could expect a blast of some magnitude. With a large tank and 10k psi, I'd say probably a crater a quarter-mile across.

Also, since hydrogen is so light it leaks through pretty quickly; at that kind of pressure the hydrogen will literally seep through the walls of the container.
Pinhead
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:18 pm

The story I was told in 93 from my welding shop teacher was a guy he knew tried pumping browns gas in an old evacuated 100lb oxygen tank and it blew up before it was filled killing the guy.Try'n stuff like is way out of the question.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Hydroxy Storage

Postby LapperLL » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:37 pm

Kevin,
I would not say that it is way out of the question.

I just ran across this video the other day. Watch the entire video, (note that it is IBEW sponsored) toward the end, the commentator explains how they use solar energy to create hydrogen then store it in containers (welding style) for later use. They use the hydrogen in a fuel cell and combine it with oxygen from the air to create water and the byproduct is electricity.

I would like to know how one of these fuel cells work.

So I would not rule out anything just because of a story that you heard 15 years ago.

LapperLL

[url]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFKoaGgRPHA [/url]
LapperLL

Postby BillyHydrogen » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:47 pm

DO NOT STORE, COMPRESS, SAVE, ETC. Any small amount or form of hydroxy gas. If you do, I will not send flowers or a backhoe to fill in hole.
BillyHydrogen
Regular Poster

Correction "HYDROGEN STORAGE" not hydroxy

Postby LapperLL » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:24 pm

Then how are we currently capable of storing hydrogen?

There has to be a way of separating the oxygen from the hydrogen before storing it into a cylinder.

What about Heli-Fuel? Mixture of helium and hydrogen used in the welding industries.

All I'm saying is do not be quick to rule things out. There's always a way.

LapperLL
LapperLL

Postby Pinhead » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:01 pm

That is the key. You MUST separate the oxygen from the oxygen before storing it.
Pinhead
Regular Poster

Postby Pinhead » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:03 pm

Pinhead
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:54 pm

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby jaws810 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:43 am

jaws810

Postby FlashBang » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:48 am

Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby jaws810 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:00 am

jaws810

Postby hydroxrox » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:51 am

Hydrox Rox Sox
hydroxrox
Regular Poster

Postby moses » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:30 am

metal hydride tanks are the only safe way to stop hydrogen (chemical to chemical) storage no boom look them up and see. they are pricey but safer.
http://www.jsw.co.jp/en/product/technol ... b_02_e.htm
I am the origanal water splitter
moses
Regular Poster

Postby moses » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:32 am

i gueese that should say store :roll:
I am the origanal water splitter
moses
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis