[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Bob.......

Bob.......

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

e

Postby kevinsatterfield » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:46 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby pertyfly » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:18 am

pertyfly
Regular Poster

Postby pertyfly » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:24 am

pertyfly
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:36 am

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby pertyfly » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:00 am

pertyfly
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:08 am

Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:18 am

Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

k

Postby kevinsatterfield » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:03 pm

sorry 'bout that it only ran a few minutes,but i assumed it was warm cuz i stirred up the electrolyte with a steel bar and it got hot then i dumped it in .i was mainly concerned about the voltages across each cell.I thought it was soppose to eagual out across each cell,and if i had a leak it would show up like a weak voltage or dead cell.I forgot i had it hooked up today and it ran all night last night,all day today and it was dry when i got home,but not warm at all.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:33 am

Must be working if it was dry

Bob
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby kww » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:27 pm

kww
Regular Poster

k

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:11 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby pertyfly » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:33 pm

K, forgive me if I misunderstood your post (because it wasn't that detailed) however..........I believe it sounds like you're hooking the ammeter up in parallel?? Kind of like a volt meter?

Well, ammeters have extremely low resistance, and therefore, by design have to be put in series with your connnections. If they are put in parallel, you will find that all the current goes through them. They will often blow, and short out your circuit.

For instance, you must disconnect one power lead, and place the ammeter in that break.

Like this

Battery +ve -----electrolyser------- +ammeter- --------battery -ve

And also, the ammeter needs to be put in correctly as well. The -ve side must be put to the more negative side of your system, and +ve to +ve.

My example (hopefully it's clear enough) shows the ammeter at the negative side of the battery, but it could be at positive as well. It's up to you, as long as it is run in series
pertyfly
Regular Poster

k

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:56 pm

thanks peryfly,not seeing it yet but i will go out and try gain.
thanks again
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby thrival » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:40 pm

Thank you, Bob :D
thrival
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis