[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Smacks observations and advice needed

Smacks observations and advice needed

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Smacks observations and advice needed

Postby a3holerman » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:24 am

Hi,
Just finished my first cell, a Smacks design. Am testing it in a Tupperware 1 Gal widemouth clear plastic container from Wallmart. It works great for testing. Did not measure the output yet. I was somewhat disapointed by the heating aspect at 14-18 A. I am running it on a bench power supply so can vary the amperage as needed.

First off noticed that If I moved the cell so the verticle sides of the ends of the plates were against the flat verticle side of the container it reduced the current draw by about 2A. That was just kinda holding it against the side. So both sides sealed could reduce the current by 4A. That could, if I am reasoning reduce the heating by some 50 watts.

My next thought was would it not be advantageous to add 3 more floater pairs to each side to reduce the pair voltage to around 2 volts? I do realize that this would require a different container as itwould not fit a 4" tube anymore?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
Cape Cod
a3holerman
Regular Poster

Reducing Leakage Currents in the Smack's

Postby SeaMonkey » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:34 pm

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby a3holerman » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:54 pm

a3holerman
Regular Poster

Postby a3holerman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:51 pm

Another thought has occured to me. I have read that in the individual floater plate series design,not smacks design, tht each plate actually acts as both a cathode and anode. If so could the smacks design simply be changed to have 6 or 7 single plates seperated by 3 or so mm on each of the two sides? This would give the proper # of cells for correct voltage distrabution and also perhaps make it possible to still fit into a 4" PVC tube.

Tom

Cape Cod
a3holerman
Regular Poster

Postby huck » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:31 am

@a3holerman

I'd try what you just said in a bucket...just to test it...see if it produces...
or maybe a large plastic peanut butter jar...so you can see through(still try'n to find some of those)
huck
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:38 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby huck » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:11 pm

huck
Regular Poster

Postby rampage263 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:48 pm

rampage263
Regular Poster

Postby SlickGixxer » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:09 pm

SlickGixxer
Regular Poster

Postby rampage263 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:24 pm

rampage263
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:44 pm

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:08 am

Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:44 am

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:19 am

Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby huck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:43 pm

huck
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis