[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - my current booster project... an easy DIY 'lyser

my current booster project... an easy DIY 'lyser

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby resident_genius » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:17 am

here is my current booster project, im using a neutral plate design with anode and cathode on the ends. like the smacks booster, im using the SS lightswitch covers from lowes, along with a pvc electrical junction box found in the electrical section, its got a lid with four screws, 6 x 6 x 4 inch.

currently, i purchased 10-24 nylon threaded rod from Fastenal and matching nuts that are only like two or three mm thick, but with the small imperfections in the holes where the threaded rod goes through, the plate spacing is uneven and will cause pinch points, so drilling out the plates until they are flat and using wider threaded rods and nuts is going to be how i am going to go... i'll post updates and changes.

this is the pvc electrical junction box and half of the stack of plates.... i've still yet to drill the plates out and use thicker threaded rod, but the mock up shows how it will be. it is 6 x 6 x 4" and can be purchased at lowes, p/n 10030, price of $11.18. the SS plates are from lowes as well, p/n 192282, price of $1.29 a plate, im probably going to be using around 25 or so.

....and heres a picture of the lid, flipped upside down to show weatherproofing

picture of the cell stack, cross hatch sanded, half assembled, only twelve plates shown...

heres a good picture where you can see the uneven plate spacing..... this is why the holes must be drilled out so that the area is flat and use larger threaded rod and nuts... #10 threaded rod fits through pretty well, but will be too loose once drilled, so going with two sizes larger and appropriate nuts is what im going to do. its already ordered, and the stickler is the fact that the rod two sizes up is only $18, the 10-24 sized rod was over $29! haha. oh lordy, the irony. ohwell.

and heres the receipts,

so far i've just cracked $65.00, i didnt show that i spent $3 on sandpaper (80 grit) to cross hatch my plates, front and back, that was on a walmart receipt i lost. however, that doesnt account for the twelve more plates im adding to the cell stack when its fully assembled. that'll make it around $100 or less including pieces for the bubbler, and fittings and air line for the unit.
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby weggl » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:36 am

I have a question. How did you paste those pics on that page?
weggl
WARREN EGGLETON
weggl
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:56 am

went to imageshack.us and hosted the picture, then used the bottom link that they gave with the [ img ]www.urlofthepicture.com/picture.jpeg[ /img ]

except there is no space between the "[" and the "img" on either side.
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis