[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - questions

questions

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

questions

Postby jack987 » Sat May 31, 2008 10:08 am

i have built an HHO gen in a mason jar for testing purposes and i'm wondering the following things:

1) what's the best material to use for the housing? smacks uses pvc but has changed to some sort of acrylic. others use stainless steel. if i used pvc what's the highest temp it can withstand?

2) the mason jar setup runs for about 30 mins before it gets hot. how hot i don't know yet but the current draw gets to 10 amps before i notice the heat. i can touch it and hold it so it's not that hot. my plates are +nn- for this setup. i've seen that a seven plate setup could reduce heat even more and not draw so much current. is this correct?

3) the first vehicle i want to install one of these in is a 2005 honda civic. has anyone installed on this vehicle yet? if so, was an efie needed or not?

i really want to avoid messing with the o2 sensors and want the safest setup possible. i also drive a lot everyday in very hot and cold weather. so heat and freezing conditions are a large factor for me. the prototype i've built has a large amount of output but i do not have a flow meter. i'm thinking of building an inexpensive version of the smacks booster because i have that much room under the hood and it seems to be regarded as one of the better boosters. one other concern i have is the current draw. the prototype starts off at 5 amps and after the 30 mins goes to 10 amps. i have not run it longer than 30 mins because i have not found an amp meter that goes higher than 10 amps yet. going to try o'reilly's today.

tia for any input. and also thx to whoever has setup this forum. great site!
jack987
Regular Poster

pvc

Postby rampage263 » Sat May 31, 2008 9:09 pm

yeah i would like to know where you can buy that clear pvc that smack uses ,without getting it online
rampage263
Regular Poster

Re: questions

Postby glenn_aircooled » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:38 am

glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:48 am

glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby jack987 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:31 am

[/quote]
Yes , more neutral plates will reduce the voltage across each individual
cell and thus reduce the Wasted Heat effect.
You should aim for about 1.8 to 2 volts across each cell section.
This works when the sides and bottom edges of each plate is sealed
so that each cell works individually.
So for a seven cell series unit you would apply approx 14 volts.
Glenn[/quote]

my apologies for 'maybe' asking a dumb question here but.........

would seven cells be like this +nnn-nnn+

or would it be seven electrolyzer units in series?
jack987
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis