[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Automotive X-Prize

Automotive X-Prize

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon May 26, 2008 4:24 pm

The unfortunate thing is that the paint job is being removed by all the acid rain. The roof no longer has any paint nor primer. The hood is losing all it's paint, and the doors have started too. The body has NO RUST. This old truck has over 1 million miles on it, and it's been puking oil and diesel fuel all over for at least 900,000 miles of it's life. The windshield has so much diesel on the outside, that frost never accumulates on it, and snow/ice never sticks to it either. The windshield wipers smear the water pretty well and make the highway all blurry.

I Might just have to paint it and make it all spray paint, and graffiti like the cars from the 1960's and the hippie movement (was that a bowel movement, or what?).

So funny stuff all over would be fine with me, as I cannot see the paint job from the inside of the truck.

Well the weather is nice for once, and the temperature needle on the thermometer is pegged out from baking in the sun at 120 degrees, but the one in the shade only shows 78 degrees. So it's a nice day, and I am signing off for a week to get things done, get paid, and get moving on this project.

I might need some help from you guys. I do need one thing for sure:

I need postal mailing addresses to send copies of the information to, to prevent things like Stanley Meyers from happening. I intend this for everyone, everywhere, and I don't want the plans and schematics lost in time.

I am thinking about a newsletter, with technical updates and such to originate from my business (that will hopefully see non-profit status someday), The business name is Aurora Energy Technologies. I started it with my wife to designate a starting point of official research. We even have Business license in Alaska, in case we ever sell some experimental products for educational and research use. This newsletter would also include all the schematics and designs, parts lists and such for the X-Prize vehicle that I am entering. I wonder if they allow more than 1 vehicle per "team"??

My e-mail is accessible from this site, but I am unsure of where to get the funds for the postage. I'll probably start on my own funds and see how it goes, you know the drill, postage, ink, paper.....

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:18 pm

alaska,

i think my e- mail is on this site

tell me what you need and ill try to help

if its not on here its redriderno22 at yahoo.com
redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby biggeorge » Tue May 27, 2008 1:12 am

biggeorge
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Tue May 27, 2008 2:55 am

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby hypersoniq » Tue May 27, 2008 5:45 am

hypersoniq
Regular Poster

Postby biggeorge » Tue May 27, 2008 6:02 pm

biggeorge
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Tue May 27, 2008 9:19 pm

Hope you can get this done in time.
I wish I lived closer - I'd kick in labour to achieve this goal.
Will send you email.
All the best , Glenn.
glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Tue May 27, 2008 9:31 pm

What about bit torrent? Once out there, it will spread like a disease, if that is what you want.
Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Tue May 27, 2008 9:32 pm

Oh, very cool btw.
Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby cwaugs » Thu May 29, 2008 8:04 pm

Hey Alaskastar,
Been working on and building all types of engines and have been working on automotive electronics since they first came out in cars and can figure out most anything that comes down the road. Also I have relatively instant access to the largest and best group of automotive technicians in the world. No joke! Anything we can do we will do to help. Wayne
cwaugs
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Thu May 29, 2008 10:09 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Fri May 30, 2008 2:53 am

Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sat May 31, 2008 4:50 am

Hey,

Update:

I have been 'Microsofted' once more. I was converting my CAD drawings from R14, into SolidWorks 2007, to do from 2D to 3D, and set up for a file to send out for machining....and now everything is randomized data on the drive. Thanks Bill Gates! (NOT!!!!)

So I have to carve out of wood or plastic. Wood and me don't get along. Wood tries to split every time, and my machining abilities are limited, but growing. I purchased 2 lathes, and that will help. Soon, I hope to own a milling machine, I already have the drill press.

A good friend, and mentor died last Sunday. Ed Peace, Professor at the University of Alaska, Anchorage, passed away, and that hurts. He mentored me for 8 years, and assisted me on my projects for just as long. I assisted him on his projects as well, and after all this time, I still wish I could sit down for one more lunch, and discuss theoretical science, and how to make it reality.

So keeping my hands busy, and my mind occupied, I am working my butt off with this, and trying to pad the wallet through work.

Back to the wood thing, I have to make a pattern from wood, so that one can be made from metal. This will really make things easier. I am not looking forward to burning my eyes out over the computer screen again.

Well, I have an invitation to a free brunch tomorrow morning, and need sleep.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby HugeDuallie » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:51 am

Hi AlaskaStar,
Sorry to hear about your friend :cry: You have my E-mail and address, if you want to send a rough drawing of the valve I love to work in wood and have the tools to do it. I would mail it back to you, over night if needed. HugeDuallie
HugeDuallie
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:36 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis