[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Need some help boosting my Subaru

Need some help boosting my Subaru

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby dingodog » Sun May 25, 2008 1:25 pm

dingodog
Regular Poster

Postby Ioku » Fri May 30, 2008 1:54 am

Ok so I have been working on my new cell and have some questions. I have the cell set up just like this:

I have 4 cells sealed off from each other each with 2 electrodes in them, only instead of plates I used stainless steel cups the same one as the guy in the youtude vid in my first post, so its sort of like having 4 mr G cells wired in series.

But the problem I am having is it seems only the first cell in the series, the one directly connected to power, is making the most gas and the other 3 aren't making that much. is this normal or did I wire something wrong.
Ioku
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Fri May 30, 2008 4:31 am

mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby huck » Fri May 30, 2008 1:00 pm

huck
Regular Poster

Postby Ioku » Sat May 31, 2008 1:51 am

Ok I got some pics of what I have been doing.
these are the cups I am using I got 4 sets of 2

this is the PVC cells I made to house them, I still need to find some thick plexiglass to make the base and top for it, You have any recommendations, I tryed Lowes and Home Depot but they only have thin stuff.

close up of the cups

Cups in the cells

And this is sort of my take on a smacks booster type of cell I used 7 cups and wired them + n n - n n + it will go in a 1 foot high by 3 diameter PVC container.

To get the spacing on the cups I cut out 1 centimeter high rings from 1 1/4 in diameter pvc pipe they fit perfectly in the bottoms of the cups then I glued it altogether. The spacing between the cup walls ends up at about 2 millimeters. I also drilled holes in the bottoms of the cups to let water move though.

And you can these cups at walmart in the cooking wears section its only $1 for 4 of them and they seem to work well.
Ioku
Regular Poster

Postby Ioku » Sat May 31, 2008 1:54 am

Sorry I got the wrong pic in there for the last one it was so posed to be this pic. I could find a way to edit.

Ioku
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Sat May 31, 2008 3:06 am

Aloha,
It's not a good idea to use copper wire.
You can find stainless wire at a marine supply store.
Everything metal inside should be stainless.
Those pipes will use ABS fittings,
caps, plugs, etc. The way those pipes
are attached, it will be almost impossible to stop leaks.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis