[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - High Voltage Potential, Low Voltage Electrolysis

High Voltage Potential, Low Voltage Electrolysis

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

High Voltage Potential, Low Voltage Electrolysis

Postby spencyg » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:27 pm

Hi all,

I haven't been around in awhile but still have great interest in the topic of hydrogen production.

Has anybody played around recently with a high voltage, low Vdelta power supply across plates yet? Last time I was around, there was some discussion regarding Meyer and his circuit actually having something like 10k volts on the cathode plate, and like 10005 volts across the anode plate. This idea interested me greatly, as molecules would align due to the high current, and would then get pulled apart with the extra little voltage at the anode. I believe the thought was that the 5V would be pulsed as has been mentioned numerous times.

Just curious.

Spence
spencyg
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:14 pm

Ive been studying high voltage electrolysis for a while, and its interesting. Plate symmetry and spacing start to get very important.

High voltage on pure h2o does have very interesting characteristics. water becomes polar, and starts doing some amazing things.

Check out this article that talks about how a high voltage between 2 electrodes causes a water bridge to form:

http://www.physorg.com/news110191847.html

I am really interested to see a reaction, if any, would result from reducing the temperature of such a water bridge below freezing, and then observing the structure of the crystals under a microscope. High voltage will change the density of water in liquid form, so it would be interesting to see what that might look like.
Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

High Voltage and Cells

Postby BubbleMonkey2 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:34 am

I too am very interested too in using HIGHER Voltage on our onboard cells.. to increase production... When I saw a guy use a spark plug at 220 VOLTS to BURN water.. It dawned on me that we needed greater VOLTAGE from our cells..

I personally think this was ONE of the keys to Meyer's success that has NOT been experimented with enough IMHO.

I saw Hydrogen tap use a regular ingintion coil, but he didnt use the other 2 chokes (bifilar) on the postive and negative.. to create the resonance on the cell and I think he also he lacked the power pulse tuned to the resonancy. His plates just sat there doing nothing.. as expected..

It dawned on me that's what we needed to do with our onboard cells, when watching a guy on Utube.. and take a phone transformer and hook it up backwards to a 9v battery. and pulse it.. He got MUCH greater voltage on the other side.. some claimed in the responses to get 1000 volts on the other side of a 9v..?? not sure about all that maybe I will test a pulsed coil myself and find out :) Stepping up the voltage and pulsing it seems to be the key to meyers.. system.

Here is the 9volt transformer video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN9p0e2UCVA

On the link above, he would tap on the file with one of the OUTPUT sides of the transformer (pulse) and get a surge on the other side enough to ligith a 120v light, and to SHOCK him pretty intensly.. (coil releases), all this just by tapping the alligator clip on some metal file (pulsing switch with meyers) so that the transformer released the power, so that the voltage was increased on the WAY out vs the other way around...

I am no electrical engineer, not even close, but I have been reading meyer's plans and tech brief's over and over.... I do have some common sense. Most cells I have seen online (and i have seen plenty) all use straight 12v to power the HHO booster.. while fine and good, seems to me we could to MUCH better by stepping up the voltage on these things and start messing with the other two chokes and frequencies..as meyer's claimed, and see what happens to our cells and output.

Again Im speaking as a gnoob with very little electrical understanding.. As I see it though, in a nutshell, In order to maximise a 12v onboard battery to its MAX.... Meyers somehow had to generate MORE output from that battery being charged by the alternator in order to achieve massive HHO output from his cells.

IMHO He did this using what appears to be 3 coils.. one main two "chokes/coils" after the main and some frequencies..

The chokes HAVE to be pulsed in order to release the buit up Voltage across the system.. so thats pretty basic... so it makes SENSE that myers had to pulse his main coil, in order to use it properly..It also dawned on me that ICE engines ALREADY perform this miracle of stepped up voltage from a 12v, to and with SPARK plugs.... The coil on our current auto's acts like a CHOKE/transformer.. storing stepping up the voltage then releasing it in pulse to the spark plugs at a MUCH HIGER VOLTAGE (basic way to say it)

Infact Meyers "water injectors/splitters" might be doing just that.. running off 3 coils and exploding the water using HIGHER VOLTAGE right in the piston cavity, as the water is injected? You say water cannot be ignited by a spark plug using 120volts? (not sure about amps) Then look here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs-Uk511 ... re=related

So again, Higher plused/stepped up Voltage IMHO is ONE of the major keys to Meyer's design.. We need more voltage from LESS input from the battery (onboard 12v DC battery).. in order to use our cells to the best possible effeciency. I dont think AMPS are the key here after all my research, though its good to keep them down..

I know Im speaking in general terms, layman terms if you will, but thats the basics of Meyer's setup of increasing Voltage as I see it.. but of course thats only about HALF of what he (cliamed) did.. Lets assume he could use an HHO onboard generator to produce anough Hydro on demand to run an engine.. then something is missing from the typical HHO cell we see today out there...

Of course what remains are the frequency of the pulses he used and the two bifilar CHOKES he had AFTER the main coil. IMHO Here is where it gets dicey and I think most of us lose the understanding of it... what is the distance between the anode and cathode. what is the frequency....etc..etc..

Speaking of resonance and freqencies..I have a question.. I will also post this to the community in its own topic.. Meyer's drawings refer to " resonance/cavitiy" Which starts to border on what seems to me to be fuzzy physics of the water, and or the stainless metal i suppose maybe his description was vague on purpose.. Knowing the distances and the frequencies of the cavity then become very key to the cells performance using the chokes and coils as I see it.

While building a cell today,mistakingly I hit my stainless tube with a wrench and noticed a nice musical sound/tone (similar to wind chimes) when this happened.. That sound came from the same stainless tube as meyers used, from what i can tell, it has a vibratory frequency when hit.. (tone) Im wondering if anyone has experimented on attempting to match this this frequency/tone to try and match the SOUND of the metal with the frequency/pulse of the electrical, as when the metal is hit?

Just an idea, maybe im crazy, maybe its apples and oranges comparing tonal sounds, to pulsed stepped up electrical frequencies.. but maybe its not..thats why im asking
BubbleMonkey2

Postby Cap10 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:19 pm

Hi everyone, I’ve been thinking the same thing about using much higher voltage and less amps. Maybe you can get a Tesla coil effect to happen in between the plates. I was able to up my12v with a reverse transformer (thanks BubbleMonkey2) but I am having trouble reading my out put due to the pulsed signal. I can also hear the freq noise now, it’s kind of cool but dose any one know if you can start to emit any harmful waves when you get into higher voltage like this?
Cap10

Postby Packman » Sun May 04, 2008 9:42 am

Good topic!

Do not worry about waves out of of a tesla coil. Anything in the human audio range is not generating harmful microwave.

I think meyer was using 10kHz or less.
around 100V or less. Can anyone confirm? Has anyone played with these
levels or seen any videos?

I believe Meyers use of "resonance" was a smokescreen. If water has a resonant frequency that made prollific increases in hoh - you could find it with a signal generatorvery easily. Its the high voltage that when discharging that creates a shockwave, & loosens the bonding of the water molecule, & the more intense HV field working together, rather than any exotic reosonace scheme, IMO. Good ideas are the simplest.

The purpose of the choke was more likely to allow the voltage potential to charge/discharge in a controlled fashion. The choke also serve to give extra (longer) kick durng the discharge pulse. Not sure what the choke is doing on the output side tho. Anyone? Why 2 chokes?

regards,

Packman
Packman

Postby Packman » Sun May 04, 2008 9:43 am

I wrote 100V or less, I meant 1000V
Packman

Postby Nick » Sun May 04, 2008 2:08 pm

Nick
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Mon May 05, 2008 6:49 am

mrgalleria
Regular Poster