[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - NaOH + AL, Shake me !

NaOH + AL, Shake me !

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

NaOH + AL, Shake me !

Postby Loster » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:55 am

Loster
Regular Poster

Postby thrival » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:50 am

thrival
Regular Poster

Postby Loster » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:53 am

Loster
Regular Poster

Postby johnh » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:47 am

johnh
Regular Poster

Postby Loster » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:02 pm

Ok I started playing with NaOH, since I have the time to do it now . .

1st experiment, I've put about 1 pound of Al in a NaOH/Water Solution ..
Put HV discharge electrodes to the top of the bubbler ..

I tried the powder NaOH, but found that it takes a while to react, so I've mix the Drain cleaner and Powder, and the reaction took place immediately ..

I don't know about the amount I used, but not much of the two, maybe there was about 30-40 % of NaOH and the rest was water ...

At first, there was mild bubbling from the bubbler, about 1 big bubble each second (- yeah that's not very scientific -) ..

But the reaction rapidly became violent .. It was bubbling in the bubbler like if I was boiling water ..

I decided to try firing it (- At a distance -) ..
It made explosions without me having to accumulate the gas, water was to about 7 cms from the top of a 2 liters Coke bottle (- the bubbler -) and I saw about 1 meter reddish flames of expanding gas up the bubbler ..
But the bubbler took on fire at every shot, so I had to estinguish it ..
(- Because of the amount of H2, a sustaining invisible flame was burning the bubbler -)

The bubbler didn't last long, maybe 4-5 fires, it was bent because of the heat ..
And the bubbling became heavy, it made a continuous stream of gas, it was no more bubbles ...

So I stopped the experiment there, because the bubbler no longer functionned as intended ..

The Aluminum in the solution wasn't all consumed, in fact, a good amount of it is left ..

I'm thinking about a more sophisticated Bubbler and I will try to sustain a Lawnmower engine with it ..

All in all, I played with this for about 1 hour and didn't have to put more water or Al .

And, pardon me for the lack of Data I will try to take more data on my next attempt with a better setup ..
Loster has been banned from the OUPower.com forum effective 5/15/2007 11:45 EST

My apologies to any that he has offended.
-Chris (Site Admin)
Loster
Regular Poster

Postby Aspectus » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:53 am

Aspectus
Regular Poster

Postby Loster » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:50 am

-Chris (Site Admin)
Loster
Regular Poster

Postby kadora » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:26 am

HI LOSTER

WHAT ABOUT IDEA TO USE AL POWDER FOR REACTION
THE POWDER HAS BIGGER SURFACE AND MAYBE DURING REACTION
AL POWDER WOULD BE EATEN MUCH EASIER.

I CAN NOT FIND ANY SUPPORTER FOR THAT POWDER IN MY COUNTRY
SO IM NOT ABLE TO TRY IT.

WHEN I HAVE PLAYED WITH NaOH I ALWAYS FOUND THAT NaOH
HAD BEEN SPENT - DURING REACTION WITH AL - SO I WERE NOT ABLE TO RESTART REACTION AGAIN. I HAD TO PREPARE NEW MIXTURE OF NaOH AND WATER TO CARRY ON REACTION.

IS NaOH REALLY CATALYST
kadora
Regular Poster

Postby Loster » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:57 am

-Chris (Site Admin)
Loster
Regular Poster

Postby BEMET » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:06 pm

When the price of gasoline went over $2.00 per gallon I started looking at alternatives again.

Comprehend and copy nature, V. Schauberger
BEMET
Regular Poster

Postby Loster » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:13 pm

-Chris (Site Admin)
Loster
Regular Poster

Postby kadora » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:20 am

HI

LAST NIGHT I GROUND ALUMINIUM WIRE -99 PER CENT AL- UNDER WATER IN MY EXPERIMENTAL AQUARIUM ONLY TO KNOW IF IS POSSIBLE
TO RELEASE HYDROGEN BY MECHANICAL REMOVING OXIDE LAYER
FROM AL SURFACE.

RESULT --- NON HYDROGEN

COULD SOMEBODY EXPLAIN ME WHY
kadora
Regular Poster

Postby Loster » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:36 am

Well it's easy to explain, the minute you will remove the layer, on open air, it will reform .

Put NaOH in your water, it will constantly remove the layer ..

And, my last experiment with this lasted 1 week !!! ..
The NaOH wasn't consumed when it was in low quantity, but the reaction was sloooow ..

-Chris (Site Admin)
Loster
Regular Poster

Postby BEMET » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:44 am

When the price of gasoline went over $2.00 per gallon I started looking at alternatives again.

Comprehend and copy nature, V. Schauberger
BEMET
Regular Poster

Postby kadora » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:58 am

TO LOSTER

I SANK SMALL GRINDING MACHINE POWERED BY 12VOLTS MOTOR
UNDER WATER
AND UNDER WATER I HAVE TRYED TO REMOVE OXIDE LAYER FROM AL SURFACE.
kadora
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis