[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Chris's Version 6 Electrolyzer

Chris's Version 6 Electrolyzer

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Hey Chris

Postby hkyle » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:25 pm

I was just going over your version 6 design and noticed that you were quite disappointed about your efficiency. I also noticed that you have a small gage wire coming off of the buster cables into your amp meter and finally into your cell. How about you change that wire to a 8 or 10 gage. You may notice a difference in your efficiency.

cheers:)
hkyle
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:38 pm

-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Looking In » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:04 am

Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Miss the previous videos, though

Postby LongFist » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:01 am

Forgive me my noob-ness, but at one time there were videos of this design which have somehow gone away. I only got to glance at them, as I was at work, and work has a "we own everything you do here" clause in their employment contract. Since they found out about my electric vehicle, they've been watching (and hoping) that I'll do something "alternative"-like, so they can "own" it, maybe profit from it. Don't begrudge 'em: I'm there on their time, so it's quite possible that - under those conditions - they are entitled to it.

But that's not the point. The point is that I found this place by finding those videos - and now they appear to be gone. Is there a place where a guy could go, watch, and learn?

And before someone goes off on the Electric Vehicle: it cost a little more than $6K to do the conversion: nobody in this (current) economy is going to pay that kind of money, even if it frees them from foreign (or domestic, for that matter) oil. But they are (collectively, in some cases) willing to pay less to get their mileage increased. So I decided to learn all that was learnable, and put it to good use.

Good that I found you guys here!

To the point: Did those videos go "underground", or am I just not looking in the right places?
---
- the Lurking LongFist
LongFist

Re: Miss the previous videos, though

Postby Looking In » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:03 am

Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Cheaper Conversion

Postby LongFist » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:46 am

I guess I never accounted for the fact that I had a lot of the equipment right here at the house. Heck, I would've never even given it a second thought, but I had constructed several of the same circuits for my - uh - well, I used to be involved with some engineers and BattleBots. Controllers, Chargers, it's all the same. But nobody on the East Coast believes they can compete (BattleBots) or applies themselves: thus, we had almost no representation. What to do? Being an amateur radio operator didn't hurt, as I was already familiar with both low- and high-voltage applications, and medium to high to obscene frequencies.

So I bit the bullet, started playing with power control systems, and six weeks later I had a car running around, quiet as death eating a cookie, requiring no fossil fuels to keep it moving. I use what I'd like to think of as my own four-wheel power distribution system, modeled very much after the physical distribution system of a 2005 Subaru WRX STI with 1.5 ratio Limited Slip Differentials - only it's all electronic. And surprisingly simple. So it serves the purpose of being the test bed, and not bad (surprisingly nimble) for a 60V system. Batteries are the single biggest expense in the project, but you already knew that.

As for videos: If you google for "oupower.com", you get the original site design. If click on "Electrolyzer v6", it gives you the link for [] - the response for which is "404 - Not found". It *used* to go to a vast set of images, pictures, and (I believe) a video, if I'm not mistaken.

It was interesting, and (as I described before), I couldn't take a direct, informative look, as I might jeopardize the independence of my project. not that I don't want to share, but unless work is investing more money than my salary, which is split more than five ways at present - they don't get a share of the profits, if there are any. I'm not sure I really want to profiteer from this project, anyway.

I just wondered where it all went, that's all... :)

(Sorry this post went so wide - but the 'URL' tag doesn't allow for [a href=""][/a] codes - I really could have made this shorter. But you can click on the link, see the results for yourself, so I think it might be worth the inconvenience. Of course, I could be wrong... ...and I'm surea Mod will tell me about it, if I am. Good guys, mods, most of the time... :)
---
- the Lurking LongFist
LongFist

Postby huck » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:38 pm

@Longfist

'http://www.tinyurl.com/'
huck
Regular Poster

Hey, THANKS!

Postby LongFist » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:40 pm

@huck: TinyURL is just the thing - I won't make that mistake again! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Now, if only I could edit my own posts... :D
---
- the Lurking LongFist
LongFist

Postby nobody » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:55 pm

nobody
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:27 am

LongFist ,

I have videos of my v6 Electrolyzer but never posted any of them ...not yet at least. I don't have my ProjectMaster software set up to accept video just yet. But I'm working on it!

So maybe you saw a video of something else and thought it was my unit? I'm not sure. My v6 electrolyzer pictures are still out there where they have always been, right under my electrolyzer project page. Even that huge ugly URL you posted works for me. -Does it not work for you guys?

Everyone,

I have some new pics of the new car, look at the last few pages of my I ran my v6 in my old Dodge shadow for 3 months straight and it had no problems at all. The trouble with that car was a faulty odometer so I could never tell what I was getting in MPG. The damn thing would get stuck so much it would only register 1/3 to 1/2 of the miles driven. That coupled with a slew of other issues made me decide to just get a new vehicle.

I'm a bit nervous about drilling through the wrong spot in my nice new car so I'm looking for some input from those of you out there who live, breathe and drink auto mechanics for a living. If you could please take a few of my pics and edit them in a paintbrush program... you can e-mail me with your recommendation as to where to punch through. I am worried about all of the aparent sensors that are on the air intake tube. It is entirely possible that some water vapor will condense and drip into the air intake once in a while. Or even belch a few tablespoons into that area if the bubbler is overfilled. That coupled with the fact that there is a mild KOH solution present in the bubbler, could spell trouble. -I'm just looking for suggestions since I am relatively new to putting hydroxy into my cars.

Yes I have been building electrolyzers for years and constantly improving their design for that entire time... but only now have I begun applying it to the end game (the car). So if I get this installed properly I'm excited to see the results now that I have a car who's odometer works properly. :lol:

My LLC open for investors? Hmmmm I never thought of it. How exactly would that work?
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby BillyHydrogen » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:49 am

Hi Chris, thanks for posting your pics. Your system looks good and well thought out. You mentioned your "bubbler" was not full enough. I noticed that if you were to lower your bubbler in the arrangement or reduce the height, it would stay full. You may have figured that out already. Sorry for the dribble here if you did.

-Billy
BillyHydrogen
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:33 pm

-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby redriderno22 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:11 pm

Hey Chris,

With the LLC your options for investors are limited.

for peace of mind for anyone who wants to invest switch to an S-corp

hope this helps
redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:51 pm

-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:44 pm

Nick
Regular Poster