[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Chris's Version 6 Electrolyzer

Chris's Version 6 Electrolyzer

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby huck » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:53 pm

huck
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:46 am

No suggestions on where I can poke through? Read my if you're confused about what I'm asking.

-I'm not too anxious about plodding through this part on my own... so if you can offer some sage advice, I would be grateful. Cars are NOT my forte. -Electrolyzers are! My old car was easy and straight-forward. This one has me worried.
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:40 am

Chris:

If you are looking for a SAFE place to administer the hydrogen to the engine, look to the valve cover. Yes, the valve cover. One valve cover has a fresh air breather tube connected to it. This breather tube connects between the throttle plate and the mass air flow sensor. You have the OLD 3.1 liter SFI engine. These engines develop quite a rattle with the plastic cam gear on the timing chain with any significant mileage, which for a GM product is less than 80K miles.

The other valve cover, or the timing cover has the PCV valve. this valve is closed at idle, and opens when the engine gathers speed (throttle opens...) which also serves as an anti conflagration valve for the fuel vapors trapped within the confines of the crank-case. Having a nice fire inside the crank-case is not a good thing. Put the hydrogen line between the Crank-case and the PCV Valve. This will not only open only when the engine is revved up, which is a "calculated vacuum leak" and the computer will self calibrate for this, and adjust the O2 and OBDII system accordingly. No messy worries over the computer, or the hot-wire mass air flow.

I have the dealership book on this engine, and since it is hard-copy, I would have to FAX the actual pages, or scan them and send via JPG to ya.

Keep going.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:40 am

I was wander'n about tap'n into his EGR valve.... or after the valve...... maybe a "T" fit'n go'n into intake? The '99 3.1 I have is somethn'n similar to yours Chris but I havent put anything on it yet.Those motors are gr8 IMOP, 185k ,30MPG and go'n good.
I see the big EGR valve it looks like ..... 170 dollar part.That hole culd prolly stand a decent clean'n after 100k or so... had to take a close hanger to mine and punch thru a chunk of gunk.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:53 am

whoops.... forgot it wuld take an adapter plate under yer EGR to go where I think it culd help keep things clean.... try'n to get 2 birds with 1 stone is all ... some how.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:30 am

-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby kevinsatterfield » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:24 am

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby nobody » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:47 pm

nobody
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:48 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:26 pm

Thank you ...or if you want to tell me what angle to come at the engine from, I can take new ones tonight and post more of them.
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby AlaskaStar » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:18 pm

I had a good look at one of these cars recently. I checked out the PCV system, and found the easiest and best place to add the Hydrogen. I have pictures, but am still modifying them to show where and how to add the hydrogen. I am doing an 'overlay' so that by layering one picture over another, the end result will be clear to see.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby eldad88 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:47 pm

eldad88
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:40 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:20 pm

The big hugabaloo here is about the MAF sensor, which has a "burnoff cycle" that is used to literally BURN OFF anything that would/ could stick to or contaminate the sensor wire. The wire is energized and glows, literally like a tungsten filament for a light bulb. This super heated wire burns off anything that is on it.

This "Burn Off" cycle is hazardous for the Hydrogen to be in the air-stream with it, and results in problems...like a burnt air filter....a burnt air filter box....a burning car due to the heat caused by the burnt air filter and air filter housing box spreading to other components of the vehicle that are flammable.

So it's not that big of a deal now is it?

Just a car that cost the Admin a few gold coins that he doesn't have heaping piles of....naw...no big deal. Watch that car burn and learn from the mistake of haphazardly doing things.... Education is expensive, but Ignorance is far more expensive.

Please think about this. Please educate yourself. This information is out there, easy to get, and take very little time or money to read up on, and prevent blazing your car into a pile of scrap.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Chris....Admin.....Wake Up.....

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:36 am

Admin/ Site Owner/ Chris Moore:

I have sent several e-mails to you asking for your mailing address. I have the pipe modified and ready to install for your car. Simple replacement. remove your pipe, and install this one, exact fit. two 10mm bolts removed, unplug the pipe from 3 places, connect this one and re-install the two 10mm bolts. Add hydrogen to the fitting. Done.

I don't seem to be getting much of a response on your end. Do you have a mailing address? Would you be willing to e-mail it to me so I can send you this exact fit component for your car?

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis