[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - The New and Improved Electrolizer

The New and Improved Electrolizer

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby rodney » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:53 am

seperator for what??? :? ...........Oh I get it .. looked at your site.
rodney
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:03 am

Rodney,

You keep speaking of KoH (Potassium Hydroxide) and then you speak of Red Devil Lye (NoH Sodium Hydroxide). The KoH is very nasty stuff. It's a much stronger electrolyte and I doubt many people would have easy access to it.

Even if I had the stuff, I'd have to seriously consider using it in my basement. If you have a leak or problem, you're asking for some major trouble with that stuff.

I recommend for these type experiments, NoH (Red Devil Lye) as that is much more forgiving.

I'm sorry I have not been more active lately on the boards ...just very busy lately with life in general. Our house construction project looks like it's finally happening this spring.

I have been talking to Bill quite a bit and discussing different ideas with him. I will get back into my experiments as soon as I have time to give them the proper respect and attention. :wink:
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby rodney » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:18 pm

chris,

Sounds like it is my Mistake, I mean red devil lye. I'll Probably just call it that to avoid confusing Myself and others -rodney :) Look forward to seeing you back at it!
rodney
Regular Poster

A big OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Bill » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:39 pm

Good evening Gentlemen, I made a major OOPS Sat night, while trying to perfect the reactor, I had been using a Variac at low (25, 50, 75, 100 with 5volt switch increments to find the best settings. Well Sat night all my daughters were gone (there is a god) my poor wife was sound asleep on the 3rd floor. While I was watching the bubbler I reached up without looking to add 5 volts, well I turned the 25 volt switch instead. There must have been a arc inside the secondary reactor. Gentleman it was a god awful explosion. A good anology would be that if a lump of coal was between the cheeks of my ass I wouldv'e been crapping diamonds while running on air. :shock:
I have made several small explosions using balloons just to see how powerful this stuff is but Sat night gave me nothing but a whole new respect for this stuff, my ears rang for almost 2 hours afterwards. The explosion was so intense it knocked the insulation out of the ceiling joist. I sent Chris several pics of what was left of reactor #2. He called right away and left this message "Dude, are all your limbs still attached" lol Anyways now it's back to the drawing board on a design that won't ARC lol.
Oh by the way, the wife, well if eyes could shoot laser beams I would be a pile of ashes now. After she calmed down she asked me if I was hurt, I told her just my pride was, she then whacked me in the back of the head a good one and said "now you are"
Bill

Re: A big OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Jim » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:23 am

Greetings,

My first post. I've been lurking for some time now with the hope of contributing my own experiences very soon.

You all are light years ahead of me, as of this point I'm still at the 6vdc (battery Charger) using carbon rods stage of my work.

Bill- Ya cracked me up over the diamond comment, no pun intended.

I will probably start with a few question, but would like to research past post so not to duplicate too too much.

Thanks everyone for all your efforts. There's some very exciting stuff going on here.

Jim
My Life...
Not always good, but always exciting. :-)
Jim

Greetings

Postby Bill » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:57 pm

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the board Jim, you'll find that the members here are all a bunch of good, smart and hard working guys.
To Bob Boyce, hey Bob send me an email address I have some pics and a AVI to send you to review.
Bill

Postby rodney » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:28 pm

Bill-

If you don't mind shoot me a pic too I need some more motivation.

-rodney
rodney
Regular Poster

Postby reym » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:55 am

Rodney,

Please visit the egaspower yahoo group, and look for the lawnmower thread, my friend Brad has run his system on 1.09 volts x 11 cells @ 60 amp. He ran his engine for 30 seconds but the problem is the leak on connections.

Rey
reym

Previous

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis