[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - The New and Improved Electrolizer

The New and Improved Electrolizer

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby rodney » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:12 am

reym-

My device is really simple like the ones found here =

If you look around the web and search for hydrogen, hydrogen boost , hydrogen generator and so on you will learn more about them.....Don't forget the old web site. My unit is just as simple as most of the rest of them . It hooks to the battery and the out put hooks to the airbox.

hope this helps_rodney 8)
rodney
Regular Poster

Postby rodney » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:03 pm

chris -

I am up 1 and a 1/2 containers of red devil not teaspoons or tablespoons and it still seems like it needs to be alot stronger. How much did you use???? I am getting bubbles tho on all the plates just really really small ones. I am getting 80 plates to run no problem tho. :D I am almost scared of making it too strong. If anyone has expereance in running alot of plates nows the time.':D' Thanks

-rodney
Last edited by rodney on Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
rodney
Regular Poster

Postby rodney » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:56 pm

Hey Everybody-

I posted some new pics on pages 2 and three of my new electrolyser in operation with the top off. if anyone wants to leave coments on a pic you can under the picture! The only reason that I have the top off is to change the amount of plates that I am useing till I get the Electrolite where I want it. I did use up alot Red devil for my Electrolite. The electrolite strength was increased by draining and refilling the unit 3-4 times tonite. But on a positive note I was able to see what chris was talking about with running 80 plates and toward the end when I got the electrolite temperature up to about 65 I was able to run all the plates but with lesser gas production (effeciency wise per plate, not liter per min).. I think if i add more KOH yet that i will be able to get all 151 running! The only forseeable problem that I can see would be with really high levels of KOH, the plastic may decide to crack or somthing unexspected. It's always fun to see progress.
here's the link- again click on the pic to see the whole album
http://hydrogen.myphotoalbum.com/ 8)
Last edited by rodney on Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
rodney
Regular Poster

Acrylic machine work

Postby cwaugs » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:15 am

Hi Rodney, Where did you get your plate spacers machined, how thick are your plates, and finally are you using distilled water?
I finally stopped blowing up inverters by taking out the H-bridge (I.E. simply remove the output mosfets) then locate two spots in the PC board to solder a path for the 150 volts to get to the output plug which will now be straight DC. Then I purchased a Velleman PC controlled Function generator and wired two of the previously removed MOSFETS so that the DC output could be controlled or pulsed via computer. Once you get the hang of it, the PCG10AU is a really cool machine with many possibilities!
cwaugs
Regular Poster

Good morning gentlemen

Postby Bill » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:38 am

Good morning gentlemen, this is Bill, the guy who has been working with Chris on the new box design. Before I get into things I want to say hello to Bob Boyce, how are you doing sir? long time no talk. Ok guys here is the scoop, I am in the power plant industry (Design/Retrofit) from early Sept till about Feb/March my business is in 24/7 heavy operation and it's not uncommen to have 12 to 14 hr days, that and having a wife, 3 daughters and a home under extensive remodeling I have had very little time to do any experimenting.
To be honest with you I am glad I had to shelf the project for awhile, the experimenting and problems encountered was consuming my life to the point I could not think outside of the box. The short circuiting and overheating of the box just could not be overcome. Well as I said above, I'm glad I walked away from it because now I have fresh idea's and have started to play in my secret lab once again lol.
Rodney, if time allows I will post info/results ( # of plates/production) very soon. I have been on the phone with Chris quite extensivly lately with a whole new style of reactor that seems to be very productive and has had absolutly no short circuiting what so ever. Rodney or anybody else for that matter, if you would like please email me and we can exchange phone numbers and review results.
Now on the personal side guy's, as I said I have a wife and three daughters (23, 21, 15) you have absolutley no idea what it is like to live with 4 women and no male companionship. Oh I did have a male dog but the damn thing took the cheap way out and died on me lol. These females didn't even allow me the diginty of gray hair, I am going straight to bald lol.
Now that things are starting to calm down business wise I will once again escape from my female tormenters and lock myself in my lab in hopes of perfecting our goals. Thank you gentlemen and have a good day.
Bill

Postby rodney » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:58 am

cwaugs-

My plates are 16 gauge. I do all my own work . The plates were machined with a $600 dewalt table saw. The accuracy of the plates was easy to control on this model saw , it has a very good fence control , super accurate saw , if I may reccomend one. The results are very good, not machine shop perfect, but really good. I am using distilled water , It's just contaminated from useing it in different cells dumping it from bucket to bucket and so forth. I have a electronics guy that does all my inverter stuff so far all we have done is taken out the output cap. He found the square wave coming out by one of the chips.

-Rodney :D
rodney
Regular Poster

Postby rodney » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:01 am

hey Bill-

I have to go to work i'll email you with all my stuff after work today when I have more time. Thanks for the repleys guys :D :D :D
-Rodney
rodney
Regular Poster

hey Bob

Postby rodney » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:41 am

Bob-

What do you think about running 2 - 61 plate units in parallel? instead of one long series unit?

-rodney
rodney
Regular Poster

Postby rodney » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:49 am

bob-

I guess my main question about running 121 plates at 155-159 max volts gives me 1.28 -1.31 volts per cell , now I have 2 full containers of red devil in the electrolite is that the way it is supposed to work? The elecrolite still never seemed strong enough at that level ? Gas production was happening (teeny, tiny bubbles) just not as good as all the other cells 61, 65, 80, and parallel designs(bubbles were aproching 1/8 inch at times). I would think that if gas production was good with that much lye that it would foam like crazy ? that is why I want to go it the direction of 2 sets of 65 plates to me seems to be a good meadum with out overdriveing it? My thinking is I can use 3-5 tsp of lye and over all have less foam. I know you been here before but, your posts continue to help me out where you can answer that is. THANKS :) -Rodney
rodney
Regular Poster

electrolyte strength

Postby cwaugs » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:29 am

3-5 TBSP's /how much water? The size of your tank has to take at least 2 gallons, probably more like 3. You need to start over with the water. My 60 cell tank draws 35 amps or so running off of a 400 watt inverter when it's cold with one gallon of distilled H2O/3 TBSP's of KOH. If I let it warm up it'd probably take out the inverter. Not Good
cwaugs
Regular Poster

Postby rodney » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:58 pm

cwaugs-

My tank if you go to the pics that I have is about 3.3 gal . I am attempting to run 121 plates . I also noted simlar results with the 61 plate setup, altho I am running a 750watt inverter. My amps were 10-12 with my old amp meter. I just bought a new one! the old one was crazy. This one goes to 400A DC! It was holding up my tests quite a bit!

BTW: I still need anyone who has ran over 80-100 plates to let me know their results, Otherwise I am moving on with other things, and going back to 65-70 plate setup( 2 units in paralelle), due to lack of gas output. My cells with, my inverter seems to put out a good amount at 75-80 plates at the most. Judgeing by the bubbler results -counting the bubbles.':?'

- thanks -rodney :lol:
rodney
Regular Poster

Postby reym » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:31 am

Hi Rodney,

How's your project?

Rey
reym

Postby rodney » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:10 am

reym-

Well, Fryed my Inverter, Elecrolite too strong, Amps too high all in one. Working on getting another one.......Looking into stanley meyer electronics and also this one:

http://educate-yourself.org/fe/fewatera ... an02.shtml[url]

Still trying to figure out what direction that I want to go. I know that electrolylsis with out control of the frequencys is.... just that, so I am begining to think " It's all in the Electronics". Any Imput anyone may have on this subject would be greatly appreiciated. -rodney[/url]
rodney
Regular Poster

Postby rodney » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:11 am

reym-

Well, Fryed my Inverter, Elecrolite too strong, Amps too high all in one. Working on getting another one.......Looking into stanley meyer electronics and also this one:
[url]
http://educate-yourself.org/fe/fewatera ... jan02.shtm[/url]

Still trying to figure out what direction that I want to go. I know that electrolylsis with out control of the frequencys is.... just that, so I am begining to think " It's all in the Electronics". Any Imput anyone may have on this subject would be greatly appreiciated. -rodney
rodney
Regular Poster

Postby reym » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:26 pm

Rodney,

How about trying a magnet as a separator, I read something that you can lower the amps drawn while maximixing your gas production by using magnets as separators. I'll post the link later.

Rey
reym

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis