[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - AlaskaStar's Automotive X-Prize Design, Open Source Project-

AlaskaStar's Automotive X-Prize Design, Open Source Project-

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Ready for Prices of Fuel to Sky-Rocket?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes : 31

Postby AlaskaStar » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:36 am

"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:28 pm

Alaskastar

I´m on page 5 in the post "Low energy Input, mass hydrogen output methods in use.â€
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:03 pm

Well, I did read through the whole thread when it was first being posted and frankly it really did go off topic quite badly.

For a revised version, see the new thread here

The old thread is dead now and we are only using it for reference. At 55 pages long it takes too long to digest it all. The new thread at least we understand it now.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:56 pm

As a matter of fact, i totaly understand why Jehu 8) . But chemestry is not my strongest side yet, i´m getting there, but at the same time i do not whana miss anything! This is important, even if i and my chemist can figure it out now, there might be crucial arguments, rughf idéas and so on that might be important for the results we are seeking.
This is "new" tech - for me - so i guess i´ll just have to take it all in .. LOL!

I´m following the new post allsow and i´m going to jump in when i feel i can contribute!

Have a nice day!

/Patrik
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:56 am

Yeah it's really one of those "Oh yeah!" moments eh? Did you order a DVD off AlaskaStar? Can't wait till mine arrives.

AlaskaStar. How's the work progressing on the mag valves? Got them in yet?

And is there a holiday on over there? The board has been almost dead for the last few days.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:53 am

I´m not sure what the dvd containes - is it the engine or what?
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:34 pm

No holidays here...Yet.

Most people are working or getting ready for the upcoming hardships of this 2009 Great Depression. (I don't give a hoot what the news states 'Oh, we MIGHT be in a recession....'- BULLSHIT.) We are headed into a depression, everyone can read the writing on the walls, and the actions of the people reflect as such.

The DVD is a recording of me at the University of Alaska, Anchorage on June 11th, 2007, demonstrating the generation of hydrogen fuel to run an automotive engine on just hydrogen and oxygen. The car is a 1990 Geo Storm with a 1.6 liter Vin 6 engine. The location was OUTSIDE the Auto Diesel Technology building at the University of Alaska, Anchorage. Nice Sunny day, right under the major flight path for all the jet liners on the East-West Runway from Ted Stevens International Airport.

Any and all donations to the project are more than welcome.
AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:34 pm

Sending you an e-mail Alaskastar.
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:36 pm

Just got my copy today! Gee, it is a heap more simple than I thought.

Yes, I can see what you mean about the twat in the white shirt. I know a few people like that too. Was he the one who suggested to put a lighter to it?

I noticed how you used gal mesh. I take it that's because it's got a much larger surface area?

Good work mate.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:35 pm

Yes,

As mentioned in the 55 page thread, SURFACE AREA IS EVERYTHING.

The more surface area, the better.

The more surface area in a smaller container, the better.

I tried using a zinc BRICK that has a steel core, which when cut in half would expose the two, and still...after 14 months...barely 1 cubic foot of hydrogen and 99% of the brick is still there.

10 pound brick that is....

Ed Peace, the professor, is the one whom suggested lighting it...just to watch the bag explode in Paul's face.

We already had an explosion earlier that day. I left to get something to drink and Emil got an airbag (for a car, out of the steering wheel...) and deployed it out in the hallway and then came running in screaming "OH MY GOD! CHRIS BLEW UP THE SHOP!!" as a way to get Paul to shut his mouth and let Greg Monette finish his Hydro-Cell presentation without 3 hours more of mindless drivel from Paul Kemble.

Simple, Isn't it? Running an engine...converting it...EASY.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:42 pm

That would have beed funny to see. I take it that it would be ok if I made a few copies for some friends/family?
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:37 am

Jehu:

Yes you can.

Also...

If you know of anyone, either an individual or an organization that would be willing to donate/ grant toward this technology, it would be great.

We ran into some stuff we need to take care of, and among those things are a serious amount of repairs that happened all suddenly and completely drained the bank account. Now I have to either wait/ work until funds are available or see if people can donate to the projects.

It never hurts to ask for help.

Go ahead and copy the DVD. Share with friends/ family.

Show them how patient a person can be with an idiot. (joke)

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

dvd

Postby topothemtn » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:18 am

Is there any chance of getting a copy of the DVD? If so how can I go about getting one?

Thanks topothemtn
topothemtn

Postby AlaskaStar » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:15 pm

E-Mail. Send me a mailing address (physical postal address. preferred) and I can send you a DVD.

There is a link on EVERY SINGLE POST that is from me that has the button stating E-MAIL. Click it. Send me an e-mail.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:48 am

I was just thinking about your project and looking at the drawings you have posted. I was just thinking of a way to increase effeciency.

So you put in xBTU content via the boiler, most of that gets converted to kinetic energy and then you dump the remaining heat.

Could you use some of this waste heat to help recharge your batteries? Maybe via peltiers or even using it to help heat the boiler?

Whenever I see dumped heat (the exception being a space heater), I see wasted energy. Or am Ijust progressing towards the Law of Dimishing Returns?

Also the mag valve coils. What's the little coil on top of the main big coil for (the one about 10mm high)?
Jehu
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis