[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - KOH or NaOH? ...THAT'S the question!

KOH or NaOH? ...THAT'S the question!

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby waterbard » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:11 am

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby Etownlax » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:41 am

Etownlax
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:21 am

I found this place for ordering chemicals online. They would probably be much safer then using e-bay.

http://www.advance-scientific.net/

If you search on potassium hydroxide you find a TON of stuff.

My big question is what concentration is best to buy for electrolysis applications? I see a lot of .1 N and .5 N ...even 8.0 N and 10.0 N

Then I see 20% 30% 50% solutions. I'm just not sure what the "N" is and how it relates to concentration levels for solutions.

-Oh and regarding the old forum. It's NOT a fix I can do ...the web host decided to turn off the PHP option Register_Globals so it basically BROKE the old forum.

I am in the process of getting our own dedicated server now WOOHOO!!! But it's expensive and I hope I'm not making a mistake here. -Donations greatly appreciated! :wink:

Anyway that's the scoop. I would not ignore anyone intentionally.
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby efoda » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:43 am

Cool, thanks Chris.

Does that mean that even you can't access the old posts?

Would be a shame if the archives are lost. It's not the worst thing though. I'm glad Bob, you and others haven't gotten too sick of continuing to relentlessly answer all our questions... seems like most of the fundamentals are here on the new board.

Awesome news about the new server... I'll try and put some money in soon. I've been meaning to get a paypal acct, this will be a good excuse.

Thanks for all your hard work.
efoda
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:01 pm

They are not lost at all. It's just the php pages that can't display the data anymore because the GET variables are not being passed by the forms.

I'll end up rewriting the software (yuck -just for a damn old forum :shock: ) or implementing the fix at a local php level on the new server once we are switched over.

You see once I own the server I can do anything with it that I want. 8) Which of course means we can finally do video uploads directly to our projects and have all that beautiful bandwidth all to ourselves!
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Looking In » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:33 pm

Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby Mark Seymour » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:41 pm

Please consider donating to help support this website! Chris deserves our help!
** $35000 / (691 registered users) = $50.65 each would get him to his Shop Goal.**
Donate via Paypal, just Click Here:
Mark Seymour
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:16 pm

Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby gas-mechanic » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:06 am

- 'Electro-mechanic' and I are no-longer working on our project!
--
Bob (c)¿(c)¬
bobd441 at adelphia dot net
--
The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
gas-mechanic
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:26 am

Rich (Looking In)
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:42 am

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby Mark Seymour » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:26 pm

Please consider donating to help support this website! Chris deserves our help!
** $35000 / (691 registered users) = $50.65 each would get him to his Shop Goal.**
Donate via Paypal, just Click Here:
Mark Seymour
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:39 am

Rich (Looking In)
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:44 am

Glenn , See Ya.
glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby gas-mechanic » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:55 am

*OUCH* MY HEAD HURTS! Image LOL

Am I the only one here without Doctorates in Science, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Atomic Theory, etc.?

Thank you for all the amazingly detailed info, Looking In, kevinsatterfield & Mark Seymour!

*whew* ...that's a LOT of info and details just to mix up some 'juice'! LOL

I appreciate the need for care and caution necessary, because it is so dangerous, but I think I'll forget about KOH and NaOH, and go learn how to bake some brownies instead!

...now WHAT'S the difference between baking power and baking soda?? hmmmmm...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...but seriously Folks... REALLY! Thanks to each of you for taking so much time and thought for all this info! I will be 'copy & pasting' it all into a text file for frequent referencing!
- 'Electro-mechanic' and I are no-longer working on our project!
--
Bob (c)¿(c)¬
bobd441 at adelphia dot net
--
The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
gas-mechanic
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis