[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - mrgalleria, can you test the Nickel again?

mrgalleria, can you test the Nickel again?

Do you have a project you're working on that doesn't fit into any of the forums above? Please post about it here.

Postby kevinsatterfield » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:55 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby vincecastro » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:28 pm

Vince Castro

...The most unequal treatment is the equal treatment of unequals...
vincecastro
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:07 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Project Pictures

Postby vincecastro » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:44 pm

I've been waiting for my project folder to be approved for over a week now so that I can post pictures. In any case, I made it available at:

username: oupower
password: oupower

I've made some mods since these pictures. My reservoir is now much bigger and I have tested with the nitrohyd hose attached to the manifold.

As you can see, my system is almost identical to mrgalleria; my mentor on this project.
Vince Castro

vincecastro
Regular Poster

Postby zendog » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:04 am

Hey There Vince-

Good for you getting this project happening for yourself.
Say, did you happen to measure and record the difference in your fuel consumption between setups? Just to clarify, did you the have the lines from both ends of the galvanized pipe run into the bottom of your plastc tank? And then do you have another line from the top of that very same tank running over into your intake manifold? Thanks too for posting your photos -very helpful.

All The Best-
zendog
Regular Poster

To Zendog

Postby vincecastro » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:34 am

I will do some benchmark tests later, I have not had a chance to modify a fuel tank to accurately measure how much fuel is used over a period of time. My test was actually live, since our power went out for a couple of hours.

Things I noticed immediately are:
1. The exaust does not smell of gasoline as much as it used to;
2. The generator is running real smooth. I mean like purring smooth...hummmm;
3. The generator seems to have more power behind it when appliances turn on;
4. The generator seems to run cooler. It was difficult to stand near the exaust are prior to the mod. It was so darn HOT!

The water I am currently using is from my fish aquarium and some miracle grow mixed in. The generator seems to make lots of tiny little bubbles. Not like previously, it seem that it was boiling when I used straight rain water. When I started the water mix was blue due to the miracle grow. After running the system for 2 hours the water turned clear. Don't know yet why this happened.

Credit all goes to Bill, mrgalleria, for this project.
Vince Castro

vincecastro
Regular Poster

Forgot to answer the line question...

Postby vincecastro » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:51 am

Oops. In my haste to post, I forgot to answer zendog's question about the lines.

Of the 2 lines from the galvanized pipe, 1 goes to the bottom of the reservoir and the other at to the top. There are two 1/4" nipples at the top, one goes to the galvanized pipe (previously described) and the other directly to the intake manifold. The picture named Nicad7.jpg shows the 1/4" female joint with a cap on it JBWelded into the manifold.

I do recommend putting both hoses from the galvanized pipe at the bottom of the tank; or one at the bottom and one in the middle of the tank below the water level to aid the water circulate through.
Vince Castro

vincecastro
Regular Poster

Postby zendog » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:30 am

Thanks Vince-

I really appreciate your information. I want to try the system on a 100cc Honda scooter this weekend. I have been making careful mileage tests first with the stock equipment at certain speeds and distances to have a nice base line for any comparisons with this system later on.
Thanks too for clarifying the connections to that tank. A picture might be worth a thousand words and all but then one might not understand the picture!
Its quite interesting the way your generator runs now. Smells better, more power, runs smoother and cooler, hey thats a wnner already even if the fuel consumption was the same.
Think I will toss in a handfull of fertilizer for my startup too. Keep us posted of any changes or tune-ups you might have.
Oh yeah, did you use up the water pretty fast or not?

Best Regards,
zendog
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:42 am

Aloha Zendog, Kevinsatterfield, and others,
The photos in the project folder are a prototype. I was in a hurry to post a working booster. But in it's current state it is not practical for long term use on a vibrating motor.
I am go towards auto heater hose verses copper pipes and brass fittings as the latter may fail from vibration and repeated removal for inspection or draining. Please don't be afraid to incorporate any design improvements you can think of. Especially as this is so simple and easy to work on.
I was talking to Alaskastar about a source for nickel and he suggested nickel welding rod. If that can be had, it would be more versatile because of it's size. With nickels one needs pipe of at least 1" diameter.
The water reservoir I used was from another project and the tubes were attached as shown for no particular reason, though it may later be shown it was for the best. Either way, many have said, who were working with hydrogen, that their systems worked better while vacuum is present.
As a side note, if you attach a tube from the exhaust to the top of the reservoir, be careful as liquids can more easily flow into the intake manifold.
Regarding liquid consumption. It's true for our tests we did not notice any visible water consumption. Keep in mind the test was a short duration. I think Vince is the man who has the most actual time running on this, he probably knows more than me.
I considered the stove test but thought this would be the kind of thing that works best under vacuum, and any bubbles which did occur would not ignite so how could you test them. The liquid temp needs to be over 200 degrees for the reaction to occur, but I would avoid going alot over that for obvious reasons.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Pictures Updated

Postby vincecastro » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:54 am

I have posted more pictures on the site for all to see the mods. The updates start at picture no. 08.

Many have been mentioning about using two tubes from coming from the bottom of the tank to feed the galvanized pipe, so I turned my tank upside down to see if it works out better. The updated pictures reflect this setup.

You can view them at:

username: oupower
password: oupower

I will try to take fuel consumption measurements over the weekend. My very pregnant wife is expected to deliver anytime now, so we'll see how it goes.

Again, I have to thank mrgalleria for the idea on this project.
Vince Castro

vincecastro
Regular Poster

Postby zendog » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:09 am

Hi Bill and Vince-

Really great information as well as inspiration you two are passing on to us all here- thanks! Good to see an actual project happening for a change instead of just complex theories being tossed back and forth.
Vince, let us know what you think of the "two lines at the bottom" as compared to the other way around. Think I'll be headed that way myself at least initially. And most importantly best of luck with that baby on its way! pretty cool. Thanks too for the photo update - nice and clear-much appreciated.

Bill-

Yeah, I've pretty much wore out the stove top experiments for now. I've boiled nickel in water with in a handful of nitrogen fertilizer tossed in for good measure. After a long time I can't see anything too obvious happening so guess I'll just connect it all to my scooter and take it from there - what the heck.
Thanks for the nickel supply tips - nickel welding rod -good idea. I myself happen to have a bag full of earring hooks used for jewelry that are supposed to be nickel or at least nickel plated so I will give them a try for fun. It looks like I might get good metal surface area exposure using them.
I was just thinking myself to use heater hose as opposed to copper as copper can be a bit unruly to handle in tight quarters.
I've read somewhere too where electrolysis under a vacuum is indeed a good thing, OK well maybe not so much as to suck electrolytes into your engine...

Looking forward to getting it all installed and take it for a test run soon. Thanks for all of the info and advice.

Best,
zendog
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:37 am

mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:50 am

Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby zendog » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:57 pm

Hey Guys-

Was wondering...is there any reason one couldn't just use only one line coming off of the galvanized pipe to the water tank? Why not just cap the one end of the pipe and have it at a slight incline so the gas bubbles can escape upwards easily?
zendog
Regular Poster

Postby viper1968 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:03 pm

viper1968
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Conventional Project Discussions