[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Prototype car runs 100 miles on four ounces of water as fuel

Prototype car runs 100 miles on four ounces of water as fuel

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Prototype car runs 100 miles on four ounces of water as fuel

Postby binxalot » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:47 pm

binxalot

Re: Prototype car runs 100 miles on four ounces of water as

Postby chemelec » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:41 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:51 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby FarrahDay » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:53 pm

Farrah Day.
FarrahDay
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:54 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby FarrahDay » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:06 am

Farrah Day.
FarrahDay
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:22 am

Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby FarrahDay » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:57 am

Hi Bob,

to the best of your knowledge does this resonance effect just actually produce a lot more H2 + O2, from a relatively low power source (ie, enough to run a car engine) or is something else happening?

I've read a lot about the Browns gas and initially I thought it was simply the name given to the stoichiometric amounts of mixed hydrogen and oxygen that was being produced. However, most people propose that it is more than just the sum of these products.

I've read the various ideas and heard the theories on higher energy states and 'expanded water', but to date that seems to be all they are, just theories.

When you had your engine running was it from the 12v on board vehicle battery? What current was the unit drawing?

You would surely know whether or not you were making enough standard H2, O2 to run the engine, or if something else was indeed in play.

Hence, would it not be logical to assume that whatever your cell was producing would be something on the lines of the Joe cell claims?

I.e your cell, like the Joe cell is somehow tapping into zero point (or radiant) energy.

Your thoughts?
Farrah Day.
FarrahDay
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:14 pm

When I discovered the resonance reaction, I was running a pair of small water-jet powered race boats off of hydroxy on demand systems. Both boats had identical systems, which were comprised of 2 pairs of 6-cell stacks. Both used a pair of dedicated propane carbs with 1" vapor fuel lines coming from the bubblers.

Each cell in the stack was 4 parallel cells containing 3 cathode plates and 2 anode plates, with 1/8" (3 mm) spacing. The cell stacks were 18" square, so plate surface are for these was massive. It was essentially a brute force system, although I was taking advantage of the series cell and the efficiency boost of the catalytic electrolyte. I had discovered this design in my attempts to improve efficiency of the basic electrolyser, and it turned out to be much more efficient than the electrolysers of the day in all of the literature I could find in the libraries.

I had modified the battery system to use marine deep cycle batteries, with a heavy solenoid to engage and disengage power to each unit. Power draw for each on a full charge was about 350 amps at the 12 volts. Battery run time needed was only in the minutes, so I just changed batteries before each heat, and kept batteries on charge during the event.

The resonance effect happened when the alternator on one of these marine engines failed (rectifier shorted),and superimposed an AC waveform onto the DC power bus. The effect was limited to a particular RPM range, and was as if someone kicked in an afterburner, it made such a difference in engine horsepower. After identifying the cause of this unusual burst of horsepower, I set out to find ways to intentionally create this reaction. The rest is history as they say.

The auto engine I ran was using a 60 series cell unit operating from a resonance generator and driver. At resonance, it took about 55-60 watts to generate enough hydroxy gas to just idle the engine, and about 160 watts to run the engine where the speedometer read 60 MPH in gear. This was with the car rear end up on jack stands, so no vehicle load at all on the engine. The engine was a chrysler 170 CID slant six (inline 6 cylinder) lean burn system with a carb and a distributor type ignition. I used a propane adapter plate on that engine to adapt it to vapor fuel.

In answer to the question on gas volume, yes, the volume increased dramatically during resonance, while current draw went way down. I think the limiting factor on those early 60 cell designs was the amount of gas that could evolve out of solution and come out of the chamber given the plate area being blocked by the bubbles. It was as if the water was boiling during resonance, and the bubbles came out of solution, not just at the plate surfaces. I endeavored to find solutions to stabilize and further improve reaction efficiency. Unfortunately, I was unable to continue my research after it was so rudely interrupted.

Bob
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby FarrahDay » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:06 pm

Thanks Bob, I found that last post very interesting and informative.

Have you ever tried just ac, rather than dc with an ac ripple?

Obviously ac is no good for anyone using electrolysis to plate something or indeed if you require the evolved products to be separate, but for us it would not matter which electrode the gas came from or that it would alternate from each electrode.

Just thought that it may help clear the electrodes of bubbles.

I will be doing my own ac experiments in due time, just wondered if you had any observations that I could use as a reference.
Farrah Day.
FarrahDay
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:52 pm

I tried straight AC, but that seemed to destroy the catalytic surface layers on conditioned plates. Using AC to condition produced no catalytic layer at all. It did not seem to work well for regular electrolysis as well. I did not exhaust all possibilities of course, but I did try enough to discourage me from heading in that direction.

Bob
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby FarrahDay » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:06 pm

If you are convinced then that the plates do in fact need to be conditioned then I agree AC would surely disrupt this conditioning in that the cathode would need to be conditioned differently to the anode.

Now this conditioning (catalytic layers) is another thing that has me intrigued as I can find no reference or mention of this anywhere other than on forums like this.

But as I understand it, it would seem to be a crucial part of efficient electrolysis. Another puzzle to pin down!
Farrah Day.
FarrahDay
Regular Poster

Postby btrautman » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:21 pm

btrautman
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:12 pm

Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby btrautman » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:13 pm

btrautman
Regular Poster