[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - MOS68X's new sealed/dry cell

MOS68X's new sealed/dry cell

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

MOS68X's new sealed/dry cell

Postby mos68x » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:25 pm

As I've said in another post, I've come close to getting a new design for a cell, modular cell, finished.
So far the idea is basically taking some 6X6IN plates and putting a PTFE gasket around a 1/4IN of the outside. I have end plates that are 1/2IN thick putting the pressure on the cell to hold it together. For water solution deliver and the gas relief there are 1/4NPT 1/4IN Yor-Lok fittings through stainless tubing. I haven't found a pump yet other than using a carb pump for testing. I have silver solder and high temp flux for soldering some solid core ROMEX wire right into the plate, there is a slot for soldering it in place at a corner.
The only thing I need to get to do a test on this cell is some 1/2-13 bolts and a small tank/bucket. I still have to take my plates to a friends house so I can use my sandblaster and blast the plates and solder the wire to them. Right now I have 10 plates for testing purposes but I will probably only use 2 or 3 for initial testing with high strength KOH/NaOH. I want to determine how many amps will be pulled with just these plates, so I can better guage how many I want to put in the car until I get my electronics in place.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:41 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:19 am

Got some 1/2-13 bolts a couple days ago so I assembled the cell, just to mock it up. I still need to cut the gasket material out of the center, but that won't take long to do.
I have also FINALLY managed to get something to work that has eluded me for a while, soldering stainless steel!! I was working with an extra plate I had sitting around and have been trying to get it to solder for the last couple days. I finally got it to work today, and that was even without the silver solder. With silver solder it is a lot easier. I couldn't get it done with the "little" soldering iron I had, I had to get a big gun to make it work. I hope to have the plates blasted this weekend and the wires soldered to them immediately afterwards. Perhaps I'll be lucky enough to get some production and test results early next week, or next weekend. I do think that I will be getting some more plates sometime soon though since I have finally gotten the soldering figured out. The only thing that will be a challenge will be the conditioning of the plates now, or rather, my patience to not turn it up to max.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:21 pm

you need updated project page and pictures my friend! its good to see your progress, but visuals are priceless!
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:21 am

Tried to sandblast the rest of the plates today while I was at a friends house that is using my bench and blaster, but after blasting one plate I did a test and couldn't get the solder to stick very well. So the only thing I can do is to adjust fire, redsign the plates slightly and continue with spade terminals instead. My only real concern is still going to be how get the power from the toroid without getting things too hot.

I will take pictures of everything as soon as I am assembling everything.
mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:50 am

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:22 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:36 pm

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:41 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:45 am

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

High Temp Soldering

Postby SeaMonkey » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:28 pm

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:39 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:47 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby mos68x » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:29 am

mos68x
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:08 am

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis