[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - mrgalleria, can you test the Nickel again?

mrgalleria, can you test the Nickel again?

Do you have a project you're working on that doesn't fit into any of the forums above? Please post about it here.

Postby viper1968 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:32 pm

viper1968
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:34 am

mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:05 am

mrgalleria,
I just wanted to say thanks to you and Alaskastar for the heads up on your system. I will post pictures this weekend. I found an interesting PDF from Cummings 2007 emissions using urea. Interesting reading. I happen to have a very concentrated form of urea. Mixing it with water, it got colder. I expected this. I have a partner who sold his grain business to ADM. "Archer Daniels Midland Company" He sold a butt load of urea to farmers in Kansas.

I haven't got figures yet. BUT, I have notice when my system is running. I don't have to push the gas petal as much. Plus my shift point on my transmission has change. I would guess it's because of the TPS. Different throttle position's at different speeds. I will check the tps to see if it is adjusted correctly. I won't make a change until I need to fill again.

I have some design idea's I will post also.
Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:23 pm

mrgalleria and all.
Pictures are up as promise. I know it's crude any and all suggestions are welcome. Will post figures soonjavascript:emoticon(':oops:')
Embarassed
Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:05 am

Aloha Looking In,

I looked at your pictures. I like the flexable gas line- I hope it continues
to work well for you. I like the 90 degree fitting at the bottom of the tank, but draining completely will be difficult. Thanks for keeping and sharing data on temps, etc.

I have posted some photos of my current tank and reactor pieces.
You may benefit from the tank design as it simplifies some things.
Adding fluids and checking fluids can be an annoying maintenance problem. These two issues are resolved here.

Since a good air space gap is needed at the top of the tank, it's good to place the fitting which will run to the intake as high as possible.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby MarkinAustralia » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:22 am

Ok Alaska, and everyone else. have a look at this video. Scam or other????
Mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyNNIDAp5dM
Follow your passion
MarkinAustralia
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:32 am

mrgalleria,
Your four pipe design, Will this be tied to the converter? I'm just a little worried about the hose. Heater hose has a typical destruct temp at 212 degrees. It starts to deteriorate at that temp. I'm looking at long term. They do make Premium: -40 to +257. 1/2 to 3/4 are the most typical sizes. Withstands the abuse of corrosive solutions and additives. Resists weathering. Get this Air hose can tolerate 300 degrees but weathering and not very corrosion resistant. Chrysler, Dodge and GM back in the early days ran an air tube to the Converter. Vibration was an issue. So the coupled it together with a green ultra high temp hose. This can still be found at Advance Auto, Orelliy's, local muffler shops. 4 ply Silicone hose -65 to +-350 Deg.

In my early days I worked for one of the major tire company. I toured there hose a belt division.
Rich (Looking In)
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:53 pm

Aloha,
Yes, the pipe it attached to the cat. This vehical is not driven far as it's only 2 miles to work. I figured water temps and underhood temps can be normally over 200 degrees so heater hose was used.
Thanks for the tech info on hose, very helpful.
I will probably relocate the pipe, I like the way you attached to exhaust manifold.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby kd7twf » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:16 pm

has anybody ever thought of making a potato gun with hydroxy as the propellant :) just curious...
Go Red Devils!!!!!!!

--Josh
kd7twf
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:12 am

Rich (Looking In)
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:27 am

Aloha,

I believe the operating temp. in our reactor pipe was around 220 degrees. It's safe to say at that temp or higher results are obtained.
It might be a good idea to see at what temp your liquid freezes, as any additives to water may change freeze temp. You may also be able to add something to the water to safely lower freezing temp without affecting performance.

As you probably know, exhaust temps at the exhaust manifold should increase rapidly even in cold weather.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:17 am

Posted more images and information in my folder. Will fill today. Will make changes. Should I regap the plugs to a wider gap? Adjust the timing closer to TDC? I will install the second tube this week also.
Rich (Looking In)
Looking In
Regular Poster

heated water

Postby MarkinAustralia » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:20 am

Follow your passion
MarkinAustralia
Regular Poster

Re: heated water

Postby Looking In » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:26 am

Rich (Looking In)
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:26 am

Aloha,

Looking In. Just to clarify things. The 50% improvement results were with the 6" booster on the 5hp generator. The 4 feet of booster reactor is mounted to a large motor but untested to date. I don't want someone to get confused. Thanks for the info on fertilizers.

Also in an earlier post I stated using nitrogen-hydrogen from this booster may result in damage to a diesel engine. That statement was based on information received from someone knowledgeable in diesel design. That suggestion may have been premature.
At http://www.rexresearch.com/teves/teves.htm, it is shown that hydrogen was added to a diesel through the fuel system. In fact, this Teves system looks very intriguing as a booster, replacing as much as 80% of the fuel with hydrogen produced from water on demand.

Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Conventional Project Discussions