[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - mrgalleria, can you test the Nickel again?

mrgalleria, can you test the Nickel again?

Do you have a project you're working on that doesn't fit into any of the forums above? Please post about it here.

Postby eco » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:40 am

Hi mrgalleria,

I tested small gasoline engine on idle,1500,2000,3000 RPM,no saving.I connected engine to Taylor instrument(very accurate)I am using amonia and one pound of nickel wires.No saving.What you think about that.
Next,Diesel engine likes hydrogen.I run 10HP diesel genset and made around 40% of "saving".But ,that is not saving ,I simple replace amount of diesel with 11L / min of hydrogen.Engine works very smooth.

eco
eco
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:22 am

Aloha ECO,
I am very interested in your test with the small engine. I have never used ammonia, I assume you mean liquid ammonia.
1. As you had gotten no results with it, could you try urine?
2. It appears you used pure nickel, could you try a nickel alloy?
3. How did you measure performance with booster verses control test?
4. How was your booster constructed?
5. What was booster reactor pipe temp?
6. Was your feed line to engine under constant vacuum or in front of carb butterfly?

On the diesel-you stated "I simply replace amount of diesel with 11L/min of hydrogen." I was glad to hear that you did that and the engine ran "smooth". I assume you did not use the nitrogen-hydrogen booster as you know the exact amount of hydrogen consumption.
7. How did you incorporate the hydrogen into the diesel engine?
8. Why do you say "made around 40% of "saving". But is not saving"?
If you avoided carbon fuel and used hydrogen made from water you accomplished a lot! Of course, I don't know the source of your hydrogen, maybe you purchased it.
Something very important in your research is the knowledge of how much hydrogen use is associated with your percentage of diesel fuel savings-economy. That info will be very benefitual in comparing and perfecting a n-h booster as your performance figures will be a strong indicator of how much hydrogen is produced by the booster (of course in a relative manner as we are talking about H2 verses H3, I believe).
Thanks so much for the feedback,
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby viper1968 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:09 am

Bill,

I'm wondering what you might think of a booster design that uses a nickel (99% pure) tube inside of the galvanized steel pipe?

I have a manufacturer in Turkey who may be willing to custom make them for me for approximately $20 per tube (haven't figured out shipping costs though - little afraid of what they may be).

Anyway, would you need slots or some such thing cut into the bottom of the nickel tubes so that the liquids could move freely in and around the tube - thinking greatest surface area possible.
Thanks for your inspiration - and AlaskaStars!!
Gregg
viper1968
Regular Poster

Postby eco » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:26 am

Hi mrgalleria,

Tylotr instrument using every company who need serious testing of power,fuel consumption ,etc.Very accurate instrument with 5 decimals(1.23456 Kg /hour or liters ,galons,what you like).
Feed line was connnected under constant vacuum.
Booster is 100% copy of yours.
Ammonia has chemical formula NH3 - that is what you are talking about.

Hydrogen from botle was connected to intake manifold 1/2" from intake valve.Pressure was 6PSI.Maybe, flow was larger than 11L/min,maybe 20L/min,I don't know,For next testing I will have large scale flowmeter,but hydrogen consumption was under 4%of total fuel :wink:
eco
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:37 pm

Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby eco » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:02 pm

eco
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:05 pm

Well, the figures are in.. Total miles per tank 466.3 miles.
142 Highway trailer not loaded massive road construction Stop and Go
126 Highway Miles, Trailer Loaded Same road construction
112 Miles In town driving To and from work (warm up time)
86 miles In town Deliveries and misc trips to warehouse and part runs.
My average mileage is 11.9 to 12.6 Intown, Highway, loaded and unloaded
My average all highway is 14.6. Now my surface area of my pipe ¾ by 2 feet long Average tank temp 169 degrees, Tube Temp was close to 360 degrees. I have a cooling affect thru the ribbed flex pipe. My new design will have this insulated. I will add another 2 feet on the right side. So the total surface area will be 4 feet on a 350 cid motor. I will post pictures tonight if I have time. Or first thing in the morning . Plus I want to install an oven sensor and mount the display pad on dash. So I could get a reading of the core temp. also a reserve tank for filling..Now on another note, My body just did not output enough urine to supply this system. I guess I don’t drink enough. I have to enlist my son to aid me in the collection of his urine too. I use about ¾ of a gallon per day. I think massive road construction (STOP AND GO), idle time, testing time produce lots of vapor I guess. Mrgalleria, should I be going thru this much urine? Now on to the exciting part 16.86 miles per gallon. Now don't get to excited.. This needs to be done week after week. Still it looks to be very promising
Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby eco » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:35 pm

It means system works for you.I will try with urine.
eco
eco
Regular Poster

Postby roket » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:27 am

My first post here.
Mr Galleria said the reaction starts at over 200 degrees farenheit and gets better as temps go higher,ok,but at 100C or 212F wather starts to boil creating steam alongh with the amonia and hydrogen mixture. So should y run the gases in a bubler to eliminate water wapor or just use them as they are?
By leaning down the main jet do you mean adjusting the carb to let les fuel in the engine?
Y am really determind to put this sistem on my car but y hawe some things y am not certain about.
Y really apreciate mr galleria and every one's work on this!
Sorry for bad english.... :oops:
roket

Postby Looking In » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:07 am

Rich (Looking In)
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:49 pm

Rich (Looking In)
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby eco » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:38 am

eco
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:23 am

mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:26 am

Rich (Looking In)
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:05 am

Rich (Looking In)
Looking In
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Conventional Project Discussions