[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Results of testing old batteries which have been desulphated

Results of testing old batteries which have been desulphated

Do you have a project you're working on that doesn't fit into any of the forums above? Please post about it here.

Postby mael » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:46 am

What has been won by the brave at great cost can be lost cheaply by fools and once gone can rarely be regained and only then at great cost.
mael
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:26 am

all work and no play.....
redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:39 pm

What has been won by the brave at great cost can be lost cheaply by fools and once gone can rarely be regained and only then at great cost.
mael
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:00 pm

redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:05 am

mael
Regular Poster

Crumbling Plates...

Postby SeaMonkey » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:51 am

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:42 am

redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:28 pm

mael
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:48 pm

mael
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:48 pm

redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby Amr » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:44 pm

Hello Mael and every one, this is my first post here but I must credit Mael for attracting me to this rich of knowledge forum, I was reading about desulfating when I came across one of your earlier threads in which you were talking about your second generation of capacitor desulfators, I'm glad you are making progress in your researches, this could be a good base for people like me (and you of course) to start a good business, I would like to share the little knowledge I gained in the past few months since I started building my electronic desulfators to test them and now my new (based on your idea) desulfators

To go back to your opening post, small motorcycle batteries can be desulfated with smaller devices such as the famous desulfator based on ic 555 and inductors, it takes time, but 2 out of three ones I tested did come back to as good as new, will keep you posted with what comes up in the % of repiared ones that I try. the draw back is that it takes about a month for a battery of about 12 Ah to get well !!

As for large LA batteries, these small devices seems to need elongated periods of time, so I dont think 555 desulfators are good for repairing them, however they may be good to keep good ones away from sulfating.

So, I built my self a new desulfator using capacitors in an attempt of using your method which seems very convincing to me, I used 5 X 6800 mF capacitors in serial and two relays: one for charging and one for discharging into a 70 Ah liquid car battery with a small oscillator (a friend of mine who is an electronic engineer built it for me) to control charge and discharge time, I set it to 3 s for charge and about 1 s discharge. unfortunately, it did not improve the battery one inch from where it was after 3 days of work.

So this is my experience so far, I wounder if something is wrong in my set up as I'm sure your method is working and I think the battery is not shorted (it was working fine then one day it couldnt start my car, I charged it but in a couple of days it is dead again - car charging system is fine giving me 14.2 V).

I tried epsom salt and then EDTA, EDTA removed some sulfate but did not remove much of the sulfates, I believe if chemicals will work, they most probably do a long term damage to the battery.

Any feed back will be appreciated and thanks for sharing your ideas with every one
Amr
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:49 pm

mael
Regular Poster

Postby Amr » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:06 am

Amr
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:52 pm

mael
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:55 pm

mael
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Conventional Project Discussions