[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Electronic Fuel System programs & info

Electronic Fuel System programs & info

Talk about anything at all in this forum. General chatter about anything not related to the rest of the Discussion Board Topics, belongs here!

Electronic Fuel System programs & info

Postby jpshydro » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:28 pm

Thanks John
jpshydro
Regular Poster

Postby Pinhead » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:51 pm

Pinhead
Regular Poster

Postby moses » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:20 pm

moses
Regular Poster

Gm Cars

Postby jpshydro » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:14 pm

Thanks John
jpshydro
Regular Poster

Postby jpshydro » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:21 pm

Thanks John
jpshydro
Regular Poster

Postby moses » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:12 pm

moses
Regular Poster

Postby biggeorge » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:53 pm

biggeorge
Regular Poster

Postby moses » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:51 pm

then dont read,, just move on,, this isnt hooked on phonics....
moses
Regular Poster

Another (Possible) Alternative: MegaSquirt

Postby LongFist » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:22 am

Okay - before we start bashing - this device actually lives (partially) under my dash and (partially) under my hood, and has been responsible for the most incredible boosts in performance (for the money) that I have ever encountered. You can find it here at [] and the results are incredible! Stock EFI? No problem. Turbocharger or Supercharger? No problem. Aftermarket mods, like Nitrous Oxide? No problem.

And now: I suspect it can handle HHO without even "thinking" about it. I'll have to run some experiments to be sure. But I thought I might mention it here, since the tuning software is free, the hardware is pretty much open-source, and you can modify the core program to suit your needs, whatever they may be. They'll even sell you a pre-sourced kit (at a lower price) to make the product more affordable (and palatable!) to DIY experimenters (like me)!

Just my USD 0.02 - for what it's worth.
---
- the Lurking LongFist
LongFist

Postby huck » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:56 am

@Longfist

so for $400 you get the little black box...all put together and stuff...
and then what? Is this only for gas engines? in the "success stories" I didn't find a single diesel...

I don't know diddly about these modern car electronics/computers...although I'm sure my Nissan Frontier has one...my Mercedes 190D nor my Fiat 128 does :( and those are the two that I'd really like to see milage gains on...and maybe power too ;)

I just don't understand what this mini-computer(controlled by another computer, messing with the mind of another computer) actually DOES...
soldering it all together from a kit is trivial...
huck
Regular Poster

Postby jpshydro » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:59 am

Hi Longfist,

Thanks for the info I appreciate the input. It looks like you could do almost anything with this baby - over whelming when you first look at it. It looks like the hpturners program does most of what Mega Squirt does as far as tunning but wouldn't let you add things the way Mega Squirt will; interesting also the legal aspects of both systems using them on the road.

Amazing what you can do with the modern car and a little over whelming at times.
Thanks John
jpshydro
Regular Poster

Postby moses » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:28 am

moses
Regular Poster

Diesel? I'm not sure...

Postby LongFist » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:30 am

@Huck: :?: Sorry, all I've ever worked on was gasoline-powered, some air-cooled, most not. I can't think of a single time a customer came in saying "Can you make my Mercedes TD rally-capable?" (But I think I would have had a *lot* of fun with that...)

They (MegaSquirt) do have an exhaustive set of forums (would that be fora? Latin can be so confusing, sometimes...) for support, not just from the builders but the guys (like me) who've used the things. they encourage experimenting - and how! - but I'm willing to bet that if you mention HHO power you'll get so much static - interference and argument - and very little assistance. So it's probably best just to see if the thing does diesel --- and I can't think of a single reason it wouldn't. Heck, the parameters are fully scalable, so I figure it would probably work fine, even make you proud.

@jpshydro: Any time, just pointing out options, is all. I know how much trouble my Subaru Outback was when we flashed the ROM in it, ended up "upgrading" it to a WRX ROM, performing some amazing electronic fakery so it wouldn't go into "limp-in" mode because the turbo appeared to be missing. No, I haven't turbocharged the Outback - yet - I've been busy seeing ho far I could push it with natural aspiration. More on that, later... Fuel has become expensive, so the thought of cleaning up my emissions, adding a little pep, and improving my MPG has me performing "other" experiments, of late.
---
- the Lurking LongFist
LongFist

Postby jpshydro » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:15 am

I want thank everyone for the replies
Thanks John
jpshydro
Regular Poster

Return to OUPower Pub