[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - What circuit do I use for an EFIE and PWM modules?

What circuit do I use for an EFIE and PWM modules?

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

What circuit do I use for an EFIE and PWM modules?

Postby canpower » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:57 pm

canpower

Postby morehp » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:59 pm

morehp
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:57 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby canpower » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:25 pm

canpower

Postby resident_genius » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:42 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:17 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby canpower » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:42 pm

chemelec,
Thank you for your "opinions", they are very useful in helping me to understand the concepts and principals (which are commonly believed) at hand for HHO generation given the popular appoaches that are avaliable thus far.

I have been to your site, quite a few times actually, and have planned to build a few of your projects there, including your HHO circuit.

So if I'm understanding this whole concept correctly, the WHOLE thing is wrapped around the fact that current flowing through the electrolye creates HHO gas, and that since connecting a batter directly "to" the plates causes a thermal runaway effect, there are many schemes or approaches to sidestep this problem, prevent the thermal runaway from occurring, and to try to get us much HHO gas, for as little current supplied as possible, in a relatively simple circuit or setup.

Are you saying an EFIE is not "necessary" at all? Are you currently running your own HHO setup in a vehicle? If so, do you not use an EFIE to foll the computer?

Is it true that if you did NOT use an EFIE to fool the computer in a vehicle, that the computer would truly compensate by adding MORE fuel to the mix, and thus rendering your attempt to save gas innefective?

I actually thought quite seriously about putting the two 15 watt solar panels I have on the roof of my van, and connecting them to the system to charge a 2nd batter for use of the booster, but doubted my whimpy little (and HUGE) 15W panels would really amount to anything useful.

Do you think it's worthwhile putting this together with those solar panels, or a waste of time? I guess "any" free (solar) energy is good energy!

Also, does anyone know what would happen if the electrolyte FROZE inside the booster? Wouldn't it just thaw out once the current in the plates warmed it, and then start producing hydrogen once all the electrolyte is then thawed? Would freezing hurt the electrolyte? Winter is coming, and I am wondering about this, I considered connecting a block heater to both my block, AND one to the booster, (or designing a WINTER model of booster!) if this is a concern.

I noticed you have a version of a PWM circuit on your page that is incomplete, and does not give ALL the building information, is this because you plan on producing and marketing it?

Thanks again for your help!

Chris ;)

In addition to this,
canpower

Postby chemelec » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi Chris, Well I really Dislike Typing. Pick and Peck.
So if you want much more info, Email me your Phone Number.
I have free calling to Canada and the USA, Plus 50 other countries.
And Questions/Answers go Much Quicker this way.
(Or you can Phone me at 250-292-8180. 8AM to 8PM Pacific Time)

I'm Not Commenting on EFIE, as My Truck is a 1983 Chev, 1 Ton, Retired Postal Van, With None of that Electronic stuff on it, and it runs only on Propane. No Interest to inject Hydrogen in it.

My Interest in Hydrogen Relates to Hydrogen Torches for Melting High Temperature Metals. Gold, Silver and Platinum. Not running Cars in any way.
And I have been building these Electrolysis cells, on and off for 50 years.

Even though Solar panals are not very Efficient, Any power gain is better than none. But on a Vehicle, it might not be worth the effort. Only you can decide that.

It isn't very likely the Electrolyte will freeze very much, If you have a reasonable amount of KOH in it. But even if it does, it will also Thaw out Quick when power is applied.

Not Sure Which PWM is Incomplete?
Unless your referring to my Ultimate PWM. Sorry but it is ONLY Sold as an Assembled Unit. (All Part Numbers Removed and Potted in Black Epoxy)

This is one Project of mine I don't want to see on Ebay, Selling for Hundreds of $$$, by rip-off guys.

Gary

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby canpower » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:25 pm

Hi Gary,
Thanks for the contact info, i appreciate the kindness you have offered me.

yes, that is the PWM schematic I was referring to, and by the way, I don't blame you one bit for not disclosing it if some idiot is going to rip it off of you and then sell it on ebay. People will do ANYTHING to exploite another person. I happen to have a very strong moral compass on the other hand, and would never do such a thing to someone else.

Interstingly enough, what I do with most of my time is silversmithing, and sterling silver (and gold filled) wire wrap jewellery design.

I find the left and right sides of my brain are constantly fighting for the rights of my body usage...lol. One side being artistic as you know, and the other being scientific. I struggle often with my urges to be pulled in the direction of one or the other.

I actually HAD thought of producing hydrogen gas for the purpose of feeding it into my oxy-mapp and oxy-propane torches, just to see if it burned cleaner, and increased the temperature.

When I melt down my gold and silver scraps into small ingots which I later pound out and then cut up to make into pendants and other jewellery, I have to use 2 mapp gas torches, one pointed at the bottom of the stainless steel container holding the scraps, the other blasting the scrap metal from above, together, it makes a kind of "mini-furnace", and "barely" does the job. I suspect adding hydrogen to the mix might increase the temperature significantly.

I wonder if the 2 15 watt solar panels (which would fit nicely on the roof of my minivan, barely) would generate enough battery power to be of any "real" use to produce the hydrogen though, maybe between the alternator and the solar panels it might generate enough to make a notiable difference?

Tell me this Gary, in your opinion, WILL it actually take MORE gas to run the alternator, with the MORE you draw on it to power the booster cells, or even charging a 2nd battery?

I hear conflicting opinions about this, and wonder if it's true or not. Some say you would not notice ANY gas difference, and some say that the amount of extra gas burned to create the electricity to make the hydrogen uses up ANY savings you might have had by adding it in the first place.

This is why I wanted to ask about the EFIE, and if it TRULY would eat more gas if I didn't use one, because betwen that EFIE issue, and the alternator issue I just described, I'm trying to wrap my brain around where the "savings" actually occur!

Thanks!
Chris ;)
canpower

Postby chemelec » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:48 pm

I have heard Many Conflicting stories also.
Some guys Gain in Mileage and others Lose.

My Opinion is Its FUN to Play With.
But I also believe a Blower into the Carb will be Just as Benifical as the HHO, and Less Hastle.

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby canpower » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:00 pm

Ok, hate to say this, but after all that, "does" anyone have a schematic, or an EFIE circuit they would like to share with me?

I STILL whant to KNOW what people out there have installed and running if this really works!
canpower

Postby chemelec » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:28 pm

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby canpower » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:07 pm

canpower

Postby chemelec » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:00 pm

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby canpower » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:29 am

canpower

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis