[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Motorcycle on HHO

Motorcycle on HHO

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby resident_genius » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:44 pm

well thats just it bud- you've got to do testing, testing, testing until you're blue in the face. thats why when we were thinking up the testing standards guide, i had said average of ten tankfuls of gas= MPG calculated out, any time a change was made.

so thatd be

10 tankfuls with nothing

10 tankfuls with efie

10 tankfuls with map sensor change

10 tank fulls with HHO booster installed.

preferably in that order. we need long long term testing, very few things have that instant gratification besides fireworks-

WD-40, perfect example. Water Displacement, 40th attempt.

how many attempts have you made?

edison had over 1100 failures with the lightbulb, does my memory serve me correctly?

when asked, he stated "well, i now know over a thousand ways it wontwork...."
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:55 am

Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby SlickGixxer » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:45 pm

SlickGixxer
Regular Poster

Re: Hydrogen Booster

Postby resident_genius » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:03 am

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:21 am

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:38 pm

Aloha,
Sorry Seamonkey, I called you waterboy by mistake (I hope). I definitely understand your points of comparing the series cell to the coil design. Of course, Hasebe is known for using a coil design, as well as Zack West. It was a product of replicating Haseby that I came upon my current design. I would avoid using magnets in the cell, unless you stumble upon some curious arraingment which contributes to production. This is because, normally, adding magnets to electrolysis actually interferes with electrolysis. this is well documented.
In over 3 years, I have built well over 60 cells, and installed and tested on over a dozen vehicles and a gen. My project folder confirms these facts. In spite of all the pessimism, it is undeniable that boosting does work. For those who get mixed results- I have one theory that I have not seen discussed, but will throw into the mix. I believe that the oil companies are playing with multiple fuel fomulations. I think that they are intentionally adding and removing compounds to give the very results that we are witnessing. This seems a logical conclusion. I occasionally purchase fuel from a military establishment, and I can confirm that this fuel is different. We get much better mileage with this fuel.
Sorry if you are confusing this opinion with a conspiracy theory. Just an observation.
I think it's hilarious that some here admit they are "attacking" people, what a joke.
I physically and mentally work on hydrogen from water every day. I am in the fortunate position to pursue this full time, which really suits my principles.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Some designs are clearly better than others...

Postby SeaMonkey » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:05 am

Bill,

No harm done!

Yes, the spiral wound cell is very effective indeed. Possibly because of its inherent large plate size (surface area) and as some suspect, the manner in which the electric field is aligned within the spiral - radially from center to the outer surfaces.

The series array you've devised is far superior to the neutral plate designs which have great losses due to the leakage current paths. Granted, the flat plate series arrays, such as Smack's, are much easier to fabricate, but the painstaking effort devoted to assembling the spiral array is many times more than made up for in much better performance.

In this world today nothing is as it seems, or as it proclaims itself to be. Those who regulate the oil companies, and the gasoline formulation mandates, are clearly up to some funny business.

Being able to pursue your dreams full time is the "ideal" scenario. Not only does it make life much more enjoyable, but it is also incredibly beneficial to your health! Like maybe "stress free!"
SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:58 am

Hi SlickGixxer,

Few more questions for you.

1) Can I know how much amps your electrolyser consumed to generate 3LPM?
2) You mentioned 2 deep cycle batteries. Can I say, you are not pulling current from car alternator or car battery but instead using seperate sets of batteries to power your electrolyser?
3) Can I know exactly where you pump gas into? Vacuum manifold or air intake manifold (After air filter and before throttle body)?
4) I assume you haven't use EFIE to manipulate ECU for adding hydroxy.

As I explained to you before, I haven't fix EFIE to confirm the fuel economy for EFI cars. I have pulled wires yesterday to fix the EFIE but suddently my time occupied with some important matters. I may fix the unit today or tomorrow depands on car availability (father in laws car).

Wow, 5.4L engine? I'm using 2.0L engine car and feel the pinch of fuel price hike. How can you tolerate with 5.4L engine? Currently, all my test cars are below 2.0L so I don't really know much gas needed for bigger engine cars.

According to Bob Boyce, more than 2.0LPM of hydroxy gas, the spark timing got to be altered to close to TDC. If not counter productive and your car starts losing milleage.

Some of my friends who experimented hydroxy reported that for small carburetor car (660cc) able to double the mileage with inefficient electrolyser. The electrolyser he was using producing less than 500mL but able to double the mileage. Other friend who uses latest EFI car (1200cc) reported that by turning on and off electrolyser every 5 to 10 minutes, able to push the ECU into panic stage and double the mileage. Well, these are some reliable feedbacks I got from friends.

I have inject hydroxy into my small 100cc motorbike engine long ago and RPM was doubled/tripled at idling. This shows that hydroxy does work but other factors example sensors tries to counter the savings. I'll let you know the result after I fix EFIE into test car. Time...time...time... Why not 48 hours a day?
Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby BroBob1 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:16 pm

Back to the testing on my 1998 Suzuki 1500 LC. In my latest test with the GEN producing about 400 MLPM @ 8 amps and just switching the unit on in 5th gear, my mileage was 33 MPG, NO GAIN??

So I decided to crank up the volume of HHO. Adding more NAOH and now producing 1 LPM @ 22 amps. I strapped on a fully charged car battery to the back seat of the bike and hooked it up directly to the Gen with a switch with no connection to the bike's electrical system for this test.
I now proceeded to do a 42 mile run after topping off the tank, that I have done several times before, averaging 50 MPH with 2-3 stops for traffic lights.
And the results are: NO GAIN?? :cry: :evil: :? Yes! I checked for leaks and all that, so after many different tests and configurations done on this bike, I removed the unit!
I would like to have reported positive gains, but there are none! And there is no computer controlled fuel management system on this bike.
BroBob1
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:42 pm

brobob- try this methodology-

in my opininon- stop doing the "top-off" method. i see this as an enourmous and i mean- ENOURMOUS variable.

purchase a small, graduated container and fill it with exactly a liter or whathaveyou- of gasoline. run this straight into the carb with petcock inbetween, hang it from your handlebars.

before shutting the engine down, turn off the petcock and disconnect the fuel hose, so all fuel is consumed and float bowls empty before continueing.

do your run(3x), calculate your fuel mileage this way.

THEN perform your HHO booster tests in this manner-

buy/build a PWM

three runs, 25% of possible output.

three runs, 50%....

three runs, 75%.....

three runs, 100%...

then report results.

i must emphasize patience and variables! the reason this is still in a shroud of uncertainty is because too many backyard ding-dongs are doing half-assed testing.

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:44 pm

oh damn, didnt mean to make it look like i was calling you a "backyard ding-dong", as you've gone to pretty darn good lengths to measure MPG! sorry!

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby BroBob1 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:43 pm

I'm thinking my next testing would be introducing the HHO gas via a "T" and check valve into the fuel line, thus charging the fuel with HHO.
BroBob1
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:53 pm

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby BroBob1 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:15 am

BroBob1
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:19 pm

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis