[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - HELP with a permanent mag motor please

HELP with a permanent mag motor please

These devices are similar to Overbalanced Wheels in that they have no electronic parts, but they do employ permanent magnets. The one important factor here is that these devices can run in the absense of gravity. In other words, they could run in space!

HELP with a permanent mag motor please

Postby magnetmotorguy » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:02 am

overunity is not a theory
magnetmotorguy
Regular Poster

Postby Dr Dimento » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:19 am

Dr Dimento
Regular Poster

thank you for the reply

Postby magnetmotorguy » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:14 pm

magnetmotorguy
Regular Poster

Postby Dr Dimento » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:59 pm

Dr Dimento
Regular Poster

PMM

Postby magnetmotorguy » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:17 pm

magnetmotorguy
Regular Poster

don't know how to up load drawings

Postby magnetmotorguy » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:04 am

magnetmotorguy
Regular Poster

Postby M90Jetta » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:53 pm

Hey guys, very interesting ideas. I had a similar idea with the same polls pushing away from each other at an angle. I have tried making this work with two wheels with magnets at angles to repel against each other forcing them to spin constantly repelling each other. This didn't work because at any point past the "face to face" would separate, and the sides of the field had enough power to pause rotation, bringing it slowly to a stop. Mind you, this was a crude setup using a few dozen 1"x1"x1" neodymium magnets.

If this were to work, then it will spin perpetually. Highly improbable.

However, my idea was to use electromagnets. In theory, with the use of a switching cam this would have the rail-gun effect. If a magnet was given the chance to almost slam into another electro magnet with an opposite poll, then get shut off right at the moment the next electro magnet was turned on behind it. This would need to have an odd number of e-magnets on one wheel, and the permanent wheel with an even amount. More switching points could be added, and/or a counter rotating third wheel on the opposite side.

May seem like a nutty idea, but in my shop we have some simple low powered electro magnets that have the capability of holding hundreds of pounds. Could a small motor using little current draw with such big torque overcome the load of a high output efficient generator? I'll have to build it and find out.

Dan
M90Jetta
Regular Poster

that is exactly the idea that I had

Postby magnetmotorguy » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:57 am

oh, so many years ago... I never was able to build it though. I would be very interested in seeing your plan evolve. You could post it here if you would like to share with the rest of us. I think that the controller for the electro mag would have to be VERY quick in deed, something on the order of 1000 "switches" a second or more depending on your motor's speed. that is figured on 3000 RPM and 20 magnets on the wheel..... 3000 RPM divided by 60 seconds = 50 RPS (second) X 20 magnets = 1000
correct me if I am wrong though. so your controller would have to switch on and off 1000 times a second at 3000 RPM
On the permanent magnet motor. I believe one would need more wheels than two. If one wheel were to stick in a "cog" then the other may not have enough power to push it out and it would appear to run down, because the inertia would more than likely keep it spinning for a while, yes?. However if you always had 2 or 3 wheels outside of the cog, then the motor would be able to push that one stuck wheel out. Then as the next wheel entered the cog the other wheels would push it out and soforth....
I really don't have the money to get the Neo mags that I want so I am going to start off with some ceramic mags for the working scale model. once I get the bugs worked out, I will afford the Neo's and that "should" be that.. as they say. We'll see.

NOW if anyone has any spare 5/8 x 5/8 x 1/8 magnets (Neo or otherwise) that they just don't know what to do with..... then I am not above accepting charity... heh heh.
thanks again for the great site Chris
Darrell
magnetmotorguy
Regular Poster

Postby M90Jetta » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:50 pm

You are correct. With cam switching I considered this to be low rpm. But what I really planned to use for switching itself is a series of hall effect generators very similar to an ignition circuit. Voltage will be momentarily massive. IMHO this would be the cheapest setup, and very accurate whatever rpm is needed. I'm just not sure how to control the rpm itself. Mechanically offsetting the hall effect wheel/cam? Testing, testing and more testing I guess.

Have you looked on ebay for cheap magnets? I have seen a few guys selling bundles in various sizes for not bad prices.

Dan
M90Jetta
Regular Poster

MAGNETS

Postby magnetmotorguy » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:56 pm

magnetmotorguy
Regular Poster

Postby bonehead » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:39 pm

Mine's done. It worked, it died and now it's scrap and I'm using new mags to build an experimental alternator.

When you post, above the dialogue box, there is a button that says "Img". If you rest your cursor over it, it will say: [img ] http://image_url [/ img]. That's how you post pics. You have to stick them on the web somewhere, then link to them.

Don't type it in like I did. I purposely put some spaces in there so it would appear.

If you don't have your stuff on the web already, you'll need to either make a website or use one of the free web services to host your files.
bonehead
Regular Poster

THANK YOU

Postby magnetmotorguy » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:59 pm

I will find a way to get the pics up when I get them.
However I would like to explore your motor. Why did it die? When did you build it? How long did it run? Did you have all the mags in repell mode? What type and size mags did you use? you know,,, everything. heh heh..

Thank you for the information on posting pics.
magnetmotorguy
Regular Poster

Postby jjbeamish » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:21 pm

Thanks,
Jason
jjbeamish
Regular Poster

Postby jjbeamish » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:31 pm

Thanks,
Jason
jjbeamish
Regular Poster

PMM

Postby magnetmotorguy » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:33 am

///bonehead,,,]

do you have any more details on your motor?... like ... everything?
I would like to know what you did so that I don't do that too.. obviously you can learn more from mistakes than from successes... so .... you know
please let us know? heh heh
magnetmotorguy
Regular Poster

Next

Return to PMM's (Permanent Magnet Motors)