[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Curtis Controller questions

Curtis Controller questions

These devices are similar to Overbalanced Wheels in that they have no electronic parts, but they do employ permanent magnets. The one important factor here is that these devices can run in the absense of gravity. In other words, they could run in space!

Postby Hybrid » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:05 am

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:55 am

Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:26 am

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:10 am

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:16 am

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:45 pm

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:22 am

Thanks for transfering the posts into here ! I felt guity posting in another
person's topic. waterbard I have to find the volts & amps I need to be
able to maintain 75mph/120kph climbing a long hill, say a 35deg slope.
I don't know what hp the 8" DC would be puting out doing that. That is
the worst power load I'd have to maintain from the pmm to the curtis.
Legaly I can only do 110kph down here in Aus. Launch max draw, is up
to the curtis model I buy isn't it ? waterbard I'm working backwards from
what volts & amps I need, to figure out what pmm revs I need, & what I
use to generate just over the minimum volts & amps I need. The pmm
I'm making is 16" dia x 13"lg + shafts sticking out each end to run 'gens'
I have to test what HP it takes to stop the pmm I'm making. Revs N/A.
I have a method of magnet field ramping. Aproach 35% & 65% Pushing.
New alignment is 172 mags pushing 100% at any one time = Torquey.
Possably the pmm with a gearbox, could push a car. But as you & I
know, it will act like an AC motor & start mild & increase with revs. I'd
rather power the curtis to supply a DC for early reving power !
If my pmm revs too high, even under load, I will make a shorter vers.
I can produce high volts & low amps, or mid volts & mid amps etc. If you
can see in your manual what volts & amps suits better temps, I'll aim
for those figures. Freeway at 110kph is 3200rpm. But up hill amp draw
at that speed, keeping with the traffic, is something I have to aim for.
I hope you can help me work backwards on this to work out my needs !
I will share the pmm method & gens etc if all goes well. Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Return to PMM's (Permanent Magnet Motors)