[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Attitude problems?

Attitude problems?

If you have questions concerning any of this Website's functions, features or operations, please utilize this area. Technical problems or issues go here as well.

86%
14%

Total votes : 7

Attitude problems?

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:53 am

"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:17 am

Alaska,

Oh my little 23 year old "newbie" to life. -If you find offense in that statement then by all means please stop reading this. Because nothing else is going to sink in.

Firstly let me address your false accusation against me. I'll address it simply by stating that I don't have time to monitor the boards here 24/7 as you must assume I do. If I'm not here to see an injustice or read of one, how sir am I to have "Nipped it in the ****"?

Now regarding your very childish behavior in your last few posts. If you're still reading at this point it shows you at least have some character and are still not so "high and mighty" that you can listen to good reason.

I don't care how much of a genious anyone is, I don't care what marvelous achievements they've got under their belt. The simple fact is that respect can not be demanded, but rather it must be earned.

You sir, were engaged in nothing more then people asking ordinary questions and engaging in the ordinary "disbelief" cycle that goes along with any fantastical statement. Would you have everyone on earth blindly believe everything they read? -A sane individual would say "No of course not." Then sir I say to you, Mr. 23 years of life, please remove that chip from your shoulder and you will see that the questions are not the problem ...the disbelief is not the problem. Rather, they are simply normal and to be expected.

So if they are normal and to be expected what do we have left? Deliverance ...yes the delivery or communication of those questions, doubts & concerns. Now here you have a bit of a sticky situation... you see each of us are different; each of us has different "buttons" that can be pushed. So the challenge (yes CHALLENGE) is for us all is to learn how to interact effectively with one another.

It is also of utmost importance for our success as a species to hone the skills which allow us to filter through the "bad apples" and work with those who truly care. You will always have people who wish to destroy a good thing simply because they don't want others to have more then they have. If you could offer something truly wonderful to everyone in a group where no one person would be left out, then they would all take it. The thing that keeps this from happening in society is the fear on the part of some, that they will be left out, edged out, or left behind.

So Alaska, the real question here is not how much information you have to offer, but rather how well you can use that information for the good of mankind. Once we leave this place, the only thing that remains is our deeds that we've accomplished, and the people that we've helped. Of our deeds, the only ones that add to the human race are of course, the deeds which did more good than harm.

So what is your metal made of sir? Asking a childish question like "Does anyone even value my opinion here?" --My friend don't make me laugh. We're just trying to get to know you and now you're screaming at us saying "piss off OUPower, the admin doesn't care and his rabble group of honkies is just ripping me a new asshole. Why should I have to deal with this. They can kiss my Tut Tut ass." -That about sum it up for ya? :shock:

Alaska, true wisdom comes with experience. You must learn to temper your frustrations with the knowledge that what you're doing is helping to make a difference to fight the finer fight. If that is too worthy of a cause, then by all means, please leave.

You needed to have another option on your poll...you see by its simple omission, you reveal just how immature your attitude is. The world is not black and white and the sooner you realize that, the better off you will be. I don't care how brilliant you are, it won't matter. Something to the effect of "Cautiously listening to what I have to say" would have been nice and displayed a certain level of wisdom / maturity on your part.

Your brilliance Alaska just happens to be the very "seeds" that you spoke of. You can have a million of them on the ground; but without water, which represents your wisdom and ability to effectively work with others, and without sunlight, which represents your perservearance and the ability to steady yourself through challenges; you sir will grow no grass either.

In that case one can look to history to see the exact outcome of a situation like this. Great inventor demands respect, money or power (take your pick). He does not receive what he deems to be sufficient quantities of his demand so he simply takes his secrets and his work to the grave with him. Years later society finds some of his notes, work or experiments but can not make much sense of them. Ultimately the efforts of the inventor were nothing more then a waste and a frustration both for himself and society.

Sound like someone you know? It should... because it's happened before dozens if not hundreds of times in history. If you think it's starting to sound like you... then the answer is simple: change. Why? -Because you're still alive and you still have the power to do so. Anything else, has already proven itself time and again, to be nothing more then a waste. :wink:
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby pertyfly » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:07 pm

Chris

Great post, you put it perfectly. I agree fully with that.

Also, I agree probably most, that a lot of people have attitude problems.

Co-operation will help everyone
pertyfly
Regular Poster

Postby Bill » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:07 am

Chris, you have once again shown your true level headness and wisdom. Therefore as I have many times in the past I once again will tip my hat to you Sir.
Bill

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:58 pm

Thanks Bill, the sad part is that he'll probably never read that. But it's a good thing for all of us (myself included) to ponder on a daily basis.

If he does read it, I hope he has the courage to reply. I guess time will tell :)
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

alaskastar

Postby levi » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:38 am

I am a silent partner in forums until I have something significant to contribute. With a few more tests, I may have a significant contribution within 2 weeks that may help solve one of our stumbling blocks.

As for alaskastar, perhaps his buddy G W Bush could help him move, and ride with him in his phantom Hydro car pulling his little red wagon behind him. Hot air is produced by the warming of cool air by 23 year olds with a major God complex.

This forum is for the hard working Joe that has the fortitude to try to make this world better. Heck, we have a better chance at solving this than winning the lottery, and a heck of a lot more fun.

Cheers
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the pollution.
levi

Postby BOBBY R » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:03 am

chris just got the time to read this thread. very eloquent reply to a very bright but immature person. i stopped communicating with him because he was so terribly dissapointed that my honest replys to some of his questions indicated i could not read his mind. i am sometimes dissipointed about a lack of response on what i post. SO WHAT!!!!life isn,t about me. if we all get rid of the EGO & work together honestly a great deal of progress will be made. your point of view is refreshing. have a great day bobbyr
FREEDOM IS OUR RIGHT
BOBBY R
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:44 pm

-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Website Operations