[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Who wants to beta test the new OUPower software?

Who wants to beta test the new OUPower software?

If you have questions concerning any of this Website's functions, features or operations, please utilize this area. Technical problems or issues go here as well.

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:48 pm

-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

You gots your feedback!

Postby nakros » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:56 pm

nakros
Regular Poster

Postby nakros » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:01 pm

nakros
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:41 pm

Hi Nacros,

Thank you for the great testing. I can NOT however, reproduce the space bug.

If I make a directory with spaces and then change to that directory, I can upload images just fine.

Can you test this a bit more please. You may need to rename some source images so you can test with FRESH ones. If the database thinks you've uploaded something already it prevents you from uploading that same item name again.

Just add a letter or number to the beginning or end of some of your source test files then try the uploads again.

I need to see if this space thing is a bug in general or just with that browser. I don't have firefox at the moment so I'll have to depend on you guys for help there.

Also please be sure that your Loc: states you are actually INSIDE of the directory that you think you're in. Make a dir with spaces, then make sure you change into it and the Loc: reports the proper location.

Then try your upload tests.

Maybe it's never changing to the directory because of firefox's use of space in the URL????

Also, at the moment you can't delete your project directory. I'll add that in a bit.

Seems like I need to develop a "synchronize" routine that will check the database for "orphans". Orphans are files without entries in the database and they are also entries in the database without corresponding files.

I've also added a < character to the front of your HOME location. This will let you put a general description on your main Project Directory from the main page. --Just remember that although you can edit and save those directory descriptions, they are not yet being used from the main page. I have some more coding to do there so hang tight for directory descriptions to finally activate. :wink:
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Bob Boyce » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:35 am

Tested image upload, adding description, then deleting image, worked perfectly on wifeys computer. Will have to iron out why it won't work on my PC

Bob
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby adam666 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:55 am

Nice work chris, all loc information showing accordingly.

oh, forgot to mention, last night it would only show some of the pictures when they were selected.

but you seem to have fixed that also as they're all showing now :)

cheers
Adam
adam666
Regular Poster

Postby nakros » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:50 am

nakros
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:14 am

-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby nakros » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:44 am

nakros
Regular Poster

Postby nakros » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:46 pm

Tested again tonight and everything worked perfectly (no matter how many changes I made to Firefox).
nakros
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:58 am

OK I've finished with my updates for tonight. I have made the code a LOT more stable as relates to the descriptions.

I've changed the code to search actual files and not descriptions now when adding directories, uploading and moving.

I've also added little visual queues to show you which files and directories are missing descriptions.

I've further added a "CleanOrphan" routine that will kill any orphan descriptions each time you click the HOME link. This will be invisible to you but it is keeping the database clean on the back end.

What else... oh yeah I have put a little version number in the top right so you can see the version. Last night was v1.00 since it was the first true beta test :)

More work will now be coming for the front end display (The main site) so that I fix some of the issues there now. Getting the pm utility working properly was my priority though. I think it's very solid now so please hammer away at it!
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Bob Boyce » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:13 am

It took the download and install of a new microsoft IE critical update to fix the problems with my IE. I started that at like 3 AM Wednsday morning, and had it all tested and working like an hour or so later. Wifeys computer had the latest updates installed 2 days ago which is probably why hers worked properly. I had installed a few critical updates since the last test and I guess one of them had messed up my IE. I was also experiencing IE locking up the computer with the scripting on some sites since that last critical update.

Bob
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:08 am

-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby adam666 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:07 pm

ok - unable to access 'other peoples' projects : Illegal path requested.

note: forward slash required when attempting to move images between directories.

oops, looks like I broke it :(

had just uploaded an image and was typing a description/speel of about 4 lines. clicked update but got a php 'splat' screen with a series of line # errors etc.

will upload a screen dump of the error discplayed as soon as I can log back in :)

cheers
Adam
adam666
Regular Poster

Postby adam666 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:10 pm

bugger, looks like the screen dump didnt store

but Ive just done exactly the same description and it updated ok so,

maybe a glitch ? anyway

cheers
Adam
adam666
Regular Poster