[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Listen to your cells pulse frequency

Listen to your cells pulse frequency

Here we will discuss many topics on electronic designs and circuits for various functions. PIC Chip programming has enormous potential in so many applications, that will be included in this forum as well.

Listen to your cells pulse frequency

Postby Beshires1 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:12 am

"I've done so much, For so long, With so little, I'm now capable of doing practically anything with nothing."
http://sites.google.com/site/diydcmotors/
Beshires1
Regular Poster

Postby WiLi » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:41 pm

a capacitor is the proper method to cut out the high DC current. The Cap must be large enough, it also must withstand the battery voltage and it must be poled the right way round. Then you should hear something. You might try to use a headphone which does need as much voltage for the loudness

WiLi
Wissen ist Macht.
Weisst nichts? Macht nichts.
WiLi
Regular Poster

Postby WiLi » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:51 pm

correction:

... which does NOT need as much voltage for the loudness
Wissen ist Macht.
Weisst nichts? Macht nichts.
WiLi
Regular Poster

Postby Beshires1 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:40 pm

Most circuits used to drive loudspeakers produce an audio (AC) signal which is combined with a constant DC signal. The DC will make a large current flow through the speaker due to its low resistance, possibly damaging both the speaker and the driving circuit. To prevent this happening a large value electrolytic capacitor is connected in series with the speaker, this blocks DC but passes audio (AC) signals.
"I've done so much, For so long, With so little, I'm now capable of doing practically anything with nothing."
Beshires1
Regular Poster

Postby Beshires1 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:22 pm

Beshires1
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:12 pm

Beshires, is this how we gotta get it hooked up to an oscilloscope to see anything as well?
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby Beshires1 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:45 pm

Sorry Kevin, I do not own a oscilloscope. Wouldn't know how to hook it up.But I bet you could use both th see and to hear whats goin on. Really, I use "The Speaker" to listen to the tone while I adjust my PWM . This is so I can hear whats goin on in the cell. the oscilloscope , will let you see whats going on in your cell. But I have no Idea about how to hook one up. You could try askin Chemlec by going to his forum. http://chemelec.proboards40.com/
Beshires1
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:03 pm

I still havent learned how to use mine but I have seen instances where ppl use the sound from a speaker like that ...(wel not actualy like that because i cant find anybody that shows how to test a cell)..and a microphone to the oscilloscope to see wats going on ....the sound produces a waveform on the oscillioscope.
Nice Job man...!!! 8)
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Return to Electronics, Circuits & PIC Chips