[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - OVER UNITY ACHIEVED WITH RV FROM HECTOR at yahoo evgray

OVER UNITY ACHIEVED WITH RV FROM HECTOR at yahoo evgray

Have an Over Unity topic to discuss that just doesn't quite fit into one of the above forums? -Post your topic here! Maybe if it gets enough attention, we'll make a forum for it.

OVER UNITY ACHIEVED WITH RV FROM HECTOR at yahoo evgray

Postby jjbeamish » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:07 am

jjbeamish
Regular Poster

Postby jjbeamish » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:49 pm

Hi Bob,

I did not calculate for the power factor, which is why I used a 12v battery into an inverter. With a fully loaded alternator from the battery I have 13.4v at 8.8 amps. I am using a UPS for an inverter. It works well because on start it draws 13.4 amps for a few seconds. I start it plugged in and after I switch off the start caps I kill the line voltage and run from battery.

Jason
jjbeamish
Regular Poster

leads

Postby sciencisto » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:19 pm

jjbeamish, please draw a circuit with Ampmeter and Voltmeter leads, to show where you connected them to, so that we can replicate your experiment.
thanks.
sciencisto
Regular Poster

Postby jjbeamish » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:45 pm

I don’t have the software to draw a diagram, or the time to learn it.

I have a shunt between the + battery pole and the inverter, I hook up a digital multi-meter set at 10a. I measure battery voltage before a run with a digital meter. I’ll call the two lines out of the inverter line a and line b. I hook up a meter to lines A and B for voltage; this is 120v ac from the inverter. I put a clamp meter on line A or B, always about the same.

On the alternator side I have lines 1 and 2 from the motor, I can measure voltage there or anywhere across my cap bank, always about the same. I put a clamp meter on ether line or down the row of caps, always about the same.

Line 1---- ---- ----- ---- -----
cap cap cap Bulb Bulb (light bulbs are 100w, 120v)
Line 2----- ---- ---- ----- -----

Where I have the bulb is actually two bulbs wired parallel for a total of 4 bulbs. I put the meter for voltage on any cap switched on or where the bulbs hook onto the caps. I use a clamp meter anywhere along as it is about the same.

Again I am using a 10hp, 1725rpm, 3 phase junkyard motor, wired for 480v as PM. For alternator I am using an old 120v single phase 1/3hp 1725rpm motor wired for 120v. They are mechanically linked with a belt, the alternator is slightly over driven.

I have wired the alternator for 230v and have had a VxA of over 4000, no load other then caps.

Interesting is I have a higher voltage and amps between lines 2 and 3 on the PM then I do coming out of the inverter. I am going to build some sort of bedini extraction devise to see if I can charge a battery with the extra voltage.

Jason
jjbeamish
Regular Poster

Postby jjbeamish » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:11 am

sciencisto:

I put one in my project folder.
jjbeamish
Regular Poster

Postby JamesThomas » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:45 pm

jj, scientifically valid input/output measurements are extremely difficult to attain without the proper equipment and know-how. Not to mention the time and money it could cost.

On the other hand, if you have the tools and ingenuity to build the damn machine in the first place, you likely have what it takes to simply and inexpensively close the loop.

Good luck.

j
JamesThomas

Postby kumaran » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:43 pm

Hi Jason,

I did experiment RV before and put on hold due to high cost to experiment. In order to get valid input vs output, I would suggest measure both in DC. Since you are using UPS inverter for prime mover (DC), output from alternator rectify with FWBR then to big DC cap for filtering before loading (bulb). Measure load power in DC and compare with input power in DC. Now no arguments in measuring. Good to see someone in oupower experimenting RV.
Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby jjbeamish » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:00 pm

jjbeamish
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:31 pm

Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby jjbeamish » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:49 pm

jjbeamish
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:05 am

Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby jjbeamish » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:18 am

jjbeamish
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:32 pm

Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

RV?

Postby Cymrix » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:33 am

Cymrix

Postby kumaran » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:49 pm

Hi Jason,

I don't have old pictures of my RV setup. I have uploaded into few free webspaces but now missing.
Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Next

Return to OU General Discussions