[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - my idea

my idea

These devices are similar to Overbalanced Wheels in that they have no electronic parts, but they do employ permanent magnets. The one important factor here is that these devices can run in the absense of gravity. In other words, they could run in space!

my idea

Postby shipto » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:35 pm

I would like some comments on the idea design I have come up with for a motor that uses the SMOT principal. I believe it will work with plenty of tweaking but welcome comments and/or suggestions. see the drawings I have come up with on my blog
shipto

Postby WiLi » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:00 pm

I think of magnets like of mechanical springs:

Magnets do attract, like a pulling spring does,

and they repell, like a pushing spring does.

The funny thing about the SMOT is that many replications have been done, but I never heard or saw of a closed loop working device.

Even "big" undertakers like Perendev have no "Only Magnet Device" in the market yet.

Although there are videos out there that are quite convincing, (provided that they are not scams).

To me the main question is still unanswered whether such a "Only Magnet Device" is at all possible.

For myself I put away the magnets with which I was playing around for a selfturning device. I saw no chance for a true magnet motor, because the repelling forces seemed to equal out all attracting forces.

If the analogy is true that a magnet behaves like a normal spring, then it will NOT be possible to extract any work out of it.

Or would anyone try to build a motor only from mechanical springs?

On the other hand, if you look at the statements from Tom Bearden, you may be convinced that magnets can be taught to eventually do usable work.
He sees magnets as radiators or propulsors of energy that suck in energy from one side and blow it out to the other, quite analog to a simple blower fan.

He states that IF we SHIELD a magnet's field partially, so "that the other bypassing magnet is like surprized of its existence" (this is my personell interpretation) - somehow like we as children where surprized by another child that made some noise from the back when we turned around the corner in the dark - ,
THEN the approaching magnet will NOT repell until it dives out of the "shadow" of the shield, and on from there it will repell in order to accellerate AWAY into a FORWARD direction.

This sounds quite good in theory. Almost TOO good. But if Tom Bearden is right and is not mistaken in his shielding theory, then we will surely see many magnet motors emerge in the near future. (If those Videos are actually not scams, which I assume they are not, then the proof has been given once and for all that a magnet motor is possible.)

Now to your "roundabout" construction:
Try first to build a SMOT-like closed loop device with an open rail, where only one ball races around and excellerates.
IF this is possible, then you will be able to do it with MANY balls confined in a race like we know it from a ball-bearing.

But I see very much friction between the balls and the vertical slots that guide the balls. Therefore try the open rail first.
Several balls on the track will probably repell each other because of the induced magnet fields pointing into like directions, so you may not need the vertical slots before you want to harness and harvest extracted energy.

Good Luck!

WiLi
WiLi
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:25 pm

The picture that shows the path of the balls, those vertical rectangles, are those magnets? If so, would it make sense to have just one bar magnet parallel in height to the path of the incline, but at the base, have the perpendicular distance be more than the top, so as the bearing approaches the top, the bar magnet gets closer, right before the fall... I may have your drawings interpreted all wrong. I dunno.
Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby shipto » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:00 am

shipto

Return to PMM's (Permanent Magnet Motors)