[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Big pulse motor for hybrid

Big pulse motor for hybrid

Pulse Motors are sometimes referred to as "Brushless DC Pulse Motors". They are identified by their electromagnetic components such as coils and reed switches or hall effect switches. Most use permanent magnets and are brushless.

Big pulse motor for hybrid

Postby cwaugs » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:18 am

cwaugs
Regular Poster

Postby cwaugs » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:46 pm

cwaugs
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:43 pm

Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:51 pm

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby wolfmanjack » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:16 am

wolfmanjack

Postby CrusherT » Thu May 29, 2008 7:48 pm

Hello all:

I used to work for a company called US electric cars, before they went belly up. I have a 96 VDC bus motor. We used to run these motors at 120v all day long. On the buses we used two of them but they were a 26 passenger bus. We used 1 of these to power our S10 P/U conversions before going to the 460v inverted ac system.

Make me an offer I will sell it. I will get it out and take a picture of it in a few days. This is gonna cost a lot to ship, it is probably 80 to 100 lbs. I haven't moved it in a couple years it is well protected though.

Tony
CrusherT
Regular Poster

Postby CrusherT » Sat May 31, 2008 11:43 pm

Ok, I went out to the garage and lookek at my motor it is a 72v to 144v series motor double shaft. It weighs a little more than I remember at 140lbs.

This is mine: FB-4001A, 72-144V, dual-shaft, 19 HP, 85 HP peak (9.1")

Advanced DC Inc. is an American manufacturer of an extensive line of series-wound DC motors. By far the most commonly used ones in conversions are the "nine inch" or FB-4001, and the "eight inch" or 203-06-4001.

It has been sitting in the garage for several years so I would like to test it to make sure no damage has happened.

I remember how I got this motor now. This one was from an S10 truck conversion and we overbuilt the battery box. One of the cells exploded and distroyed the whole truck body. I removed the motor and drive train from the truck. When the company ran out of money they owed me for a weeks work so they gave me the motor as payment. LOL

Any ways I would like it to go to good use since this is a monster of a motor. Maybe tomorrow in the daylight I can get some pic's of it.
CrusherT
Regular Poster

Postby gerd1022 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:08 pm

gerd1022

Postby gerd1022 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:17 pm

gerd1022

Postby cwaugs » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:54 am

Still have the motor Sir?
cwaugs
Regular Poster

Postby CrusherT » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:57 pm

CrusherT
Regular Poster

Postby gerd1022 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:56 pm

gerd1022

Postby 67JagRagTop » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way. There are those that say things can't be done to the annoyance of those that are trying to do it.
67JagRagTop

Cool motors, but can you get'em?

Postby mrdovie » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:54 pm

The neatest DC motors I've handled are the drive motors from old 9 and 11 track computer reel to reel tape drives. I got hold of a couple once back in the 1980s that were scrapped because they had bad timing, who cares? They were the size of 1 lb coffee can with a 3/4 inch shaft, they would run all day on a 1.5v D cell. Some of the guys would set them up and let them spin. They had lots of torque too. At 12 volts you couldn't stop them by hand.
Mr Dovie
mrdovie
Regular Poster

Re: Big pulse motor for hybrid

Postby Ganapoes » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:24 am

Make me an offer I will sell it. I will get it out and take a picture of it in a few days. This is gonna cost a lot to ship, it is probably 80 to 100 lbs. I haven't moved it in a couple years it is well protected though.
Ganapoes

Next

Return to Pulse Motors