[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Chris, where are you?

Chris, where are you?

Talk about anything at all in this forum. General chatter about anything not related to the rest of the Discussion Board Topics, belongs here!

Chris, where are you?

Postby Jehu » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:45 pm

Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:36 pm

Yes I'm fine. Just busy. Have you seen my various restoration projects for my mill and lathe that I've been working on? I also started a blog to help me get information out easier. What do you guys think?

I am still here and still doing good work. Just haven't had a lot of time to spend on the forums lately. Sorry about that!
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Where is everyone else? :roll:
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Re: Chris, where are you?

Postby AlaskaStar » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:19 am

Hey,

Do you offer prototyping machine work for people who are prototyping new stuff?

If so, what are your rates?

If you do, I prefer to use Solidworks, would I need to save them in a different format?

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:49 am

Well considering it was me in need of said services not too long ago :) -Yes I would certainly consider doing prototyping services for you guys.

I have to finish getting my mill up to CNC 2011 specs. After that I could look at accepting CAD files or g-code files. I would just need a viable file that can translate to standard G-code for my EMC program that I'll be using (http://www.linuxcnc.org).

Regarding rates... In the beginning at least, I would be happy to do it for my cost. In other words I would probably "donate" my time so long as you guys could cover the material and perhaps the cost of 2 (cheap Chinese) milling bits. I'm still breaking and dulling a number of bits right now as I learn speeds/feeds and CNC in general. If your project would require a special or expensive milling bit that would probably deter me until I get a lot better at this stuff. :lol:

Hopefully that's a good and acceptable answer! 8) I would always do anything I could afford to do to help move this effort forward.
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Jehu » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Ahh, good to see your alive and well. And you too AS.

Yeah I saw your posts on the new mill. I'm looking to get me a small one to learn on too.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:48 pm

I'm so excited to see my mill project coming to life. I have wanted a nice mill and lathe for years. Finally now I'll be able to do some of the things I have always either had to pay dearly for at a machine shop.

I'm like a kid in a candy shop! LOL
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

On Vacation

Postby Chris » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:50 am

Hey Everyone,

In case you didn't know, I am on vacation this week. I will be back Sunday from our trip but for now we're kicking back in Ocean Isle, NC. The weather is great and our kids are having a wonderful time. I hope you're all doing well and enjoying yourselves. -See you soon!
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Return to OUPower Pub