[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Starting small

Starting small

Talk about anything at all in this forum. General chatter about anything not related to the rest of the Discussion Board Topics, belongs here!

Starting small

Postby mael » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:04 pm

I'm not really a regular here, but I feel honoured to be able to read your thoughts on OUPower.

I've dabbled. But my weakest point is that more often than not I have to rely on 'the force' - for the fine-details, as my maths went on a long holiday.

But apart from a few minor explosions, painful little nicks, and a few minor abrasions, I also have some success under my belt. - But I don't know that many of you would consider my efforts as a major leap in any particularly useful direction.

I made a HydrOxy generator from discarded parts - the 'plates' were actually platinum tubes from a salvaged water-alkalizer. I filled it with water and NaOH - and sometimes with KOH. I don't know the concentration specifics, except I spooned-in about 100 cc into a couple of litres of water.

It used 15 Amps at 12 Volts (nominally) and I ran a feed through a bubbler and into the inlet manifold. Of course it soon sucked some of that nasty mixture into the engine for the two seconds it took me to find the ignition key.

- It didn't work any better on the other side of the carburettor either. Now it's partially dismantled and on the shelf. There's a little pile of white crystaline residue from the remains of the un-emptied main tank I fabricated. It is a comforting reminder of my handiwork! :oops:

* It was about this time that I started paying attention to these forums. My handiwork has improved somewhat! (Shame about the calculations- but being in Japan, I can't find a tutor who speaks my language easily! - Especially not on this tiny little island).

But I digress. I wanted to ask how my chances looked for rigging up a very small HydrOxy unit to run my Honda 50 cc bike? I just figured it must be a lot easier to find enough gas for a 50 than a car which would be at least ten-times larger. (My car is 550 cc).

The trouble is that I was all set to rig up a Hydrogen generator using a (very robust) hospital-grade-SS water filter housing; - It was about the size of a moderately large thermos flask; (I've got access to heaps of decent Al scrap), - but when I thought about what might happen if the bike went AOT I bottled-out. But this was partially because I have become somewhat disillusioned because I can't see how the little bike's alternator can churn out enough Amps to provide enough H + O.

- And I've been reading (here) about the benefits of using resonance and other little electronic tips. But I can't make such a unit and I don't know how to modify something to make it worthwhile. I've come to the point where I've rigged-up a PM unit or resonator - only to discover the component I accidentally shorted is one I haven't a hope of finding ever again. - Bad luck or clumsiness? Hmmmmm! One ponders endlessly and still doesn't like either possibility.

And then there's that Joe Cell!!!!!! I want one!!!!!! I figured it is what is dubbed in some circles as an:- "orgone generator/capacitor." So I'm still trying to find some gleaming glint of a premonition of enlightened success before I go through the hogg of nicking my mitts, getting banged by flying objects and ringing ears - with the inevitable period of being jumpy at the slightest pop.

Anyway! This is the pub. And though I do not imbibe, even with no reciprocal forthcomings, I salute you all!

Fascinating stuff! I hope I can be an active part of it all. Certainly no lack of 'drive!'
mael
Regular Poster

Return to OUPower Pub