[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - My new toy

My new toy

Do you have some solar or wind turbine projects you are working on? Perhaps you would like to move toward an "Off-Grid" lifestyle? You've come to the right place.

My new toy

Postby readyakira » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:05 pm

readyakira
Regular Poster

Postby readyakira » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:22 pm

readyakira
Regular Poster

Postby readyakira » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:40 pm

readyakira
Regular Poster

Postby readyakira » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:39 pm

readyakira
Regular Poster

Postby readyakira » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:07 pm

Well, I built a simple rectifier out of a bunch of diodes and the motor puts out almost 50v at a slow rpm! Now the wire diameter is pretty small on the coils so I am thinking that this motor will only be capable of low wattage.

Anyways one thing I was wondering is when you use a turbine to charge a battery it seems you rectify the voltage, then feed it to the batteries. so as speed increases in the turbine the voltage increases. what keep this from blowing or damaging batteries? I know there is a dump load, but isnt that only after the batteries are full? I have been having problems finding a good description of this.

BTW I have to wait for mod authorization b4 I can post my pics.
readyakira
Regular Poster

Postby BUGS » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:58 pm

Success is based on doing your research and getting your hands dirty.
BUGS

Postby readyakira » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:01 pm

readyakira
Regular Poster

Postby 12volt dan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:31 pm

10 years off grid and counting
12volt dan
Regular Poster

Postby readyakira » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:18 pm

yeah it looks like they are simple to modify to put out 24v at low rpm, and it seems they are capable of about 345watts of power. The hardest part is it seems they are combining 2 different versions of the motor with different magnet configurations. This is to prevent cogging.
readyakira
Regular Poster

Postby 12volt dan » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:39 pm

Cogging seems to be a problem in light winds only,once the blades are turning it's not a problem. I don't think I would worry to much about it on the first model but that's my opinion.

You will need a regulator though to prevent over charging the batteries. There are lots of free wiring diagrams out there if your in to that kind of work
10 years off grid and counting
12volt dan
Regular Poster

Return to Solar, Wind & Off-Grid Projects