[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Cheap easy frequency generator idea

Cheap easy frequency generator idea

Here we will discuss many topics on electronic designs and circuits for various functions. PIC Chip programming has enormous potential in so many applications, that will be included in this forum as well.

Postby nebbian » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:35 am

Hi gross-umstaedter,

As Thirsty posted before, Jaycar is a really respectable chain of electronics stores in Australia.

I rate them as the best I've ever been in, excellent service, low prices, no hassles. There's a store within 20km of my place, walking inside is like letting a kid into a candy store :D

Never had any problems with mail order either.

Do you know how to hook up FETs? Be careful with them, you can blow them up very easily if you don't get it right first go.
nebbian
Regular Poster

Postby gross-umstaedter » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:51 am

Hi nebbian,

yesterday at midnight I did a phonecall with Jaycar. From Germany to Australia it´s about 10 hours time different and it´s very expensive.
A friendly gentleman said that the commodity to me on 19 January would have been sent. Probably was the commodity lost in the case of transport, so I said please investigate where the commodity remained. I wrote and expect now already some emails and fax for an answer.

Please can you take a phonecall to Jaycar, here are the details of my order:
Order Date: 1/18/2007 6:46:39 PM
Order Number: JAU55775
Qty 3 STP60NE06/BUK456-60 N-channel FET, STOCK-CODE:ZT2450
and
Qty 3 Short Circuits Three Project - Waveform Generator, STOCK-CODE:KJ8110,
Grand total $ 91,90

This would be very nice if you can help me.

Sorry for my bad english.
gross-umstaedter

Postby nebbian » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:17 pm

Hi gross-umstaedter,

Did the parts arrive yet, or have you sorted this out? I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks, if you still need me to ring up Jaycar then that's no problem. Just let me know if you're still waiting on parts.
nebbian
Regular Poster

Postby Lightwave » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:46 am

This PWM driver board is the cheapest I have seen. You couldn't buy the parts and make it yourself for the cost of the kit. $14.99 Capable of 20 amps output up to 15V.

http://ww.electronic-light.com/advan.html

I talked to the seller and he was gracious to even provide me with the schematic so we could work out the proper changes needed.

I am not failure with this 555 configuration, as it doesn't even use the normal output. I will have it up and running on a simulator later today.

Likely, R3 will need to be reduced to a minimum for stability, and a 1 meg pot add inbetween it, and Q1.

The 555 produces a triangle wave that is then compared for the central balance, where the pot R6 sets the balance point for square wave duration. The comparator outputs a square wave. It will be very simple to add a pot (and cap if needed) to very the frequency.

One setback is that it uses a diode D1 to absorb the "kickback" and it is this "kickback" that does the work in a Meyer-Dingle system. I am presently posting some circuit experiments that can teach anybody what is happening.

I do not personally have this circuit board, and won't be buying one, as I make my own boards and circuits. This is just for people who don't , and are looking for a cheap way to go.

I have been working on circuits that can reflect this energy back into the output circuit, instead of waste it defeating the dipole, while protecting the mosfet from blowing.

It's also very possible to gang two or three of these together with a separate controller, for intended desired results.

Look for Discovery Circuits in this form thread.

Thomas
Lightwave
Regular Poster

Postby Palic » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:53 pm

Palic
Regular Poster

Postby Lightwave » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:21 pm

Lightwave
Regular Poster

Postby Palic » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:42 pm

Palic
Regular Poster